Mim's Store Jams ???QUESTION-MARK????

Kazz3lrath

Reaction score
I was looking on Mim's website and saw something about meetups/jams at the store. I may have been mis-reading it (as I am prone to do), but it seemed like people showed up to bro out and play some uke. I am not there presently, but I will be going down towards the end of the summer to begin my higher education, and I was wondering if anyone from UU ever frequented these jams? It would be fun to meet up with some of y'all.

I was looking on Mim's website and saw something about meetups/jams at the store. I may have been mis-reading it (as I am prone to do), but it seemed like people showed up to bro out and play some uke. I am not there presently, but I will be going down towards the end of the summer to begin my higher education, and I was wondering if anyone from UU ever frequented these jams? It would be fun to meet up with some of y'all.

It is called the charlotte uke jam. Check out the info in the regional section. I have tried.to go twice.but it is a little to.far from me. I stick with the local java jams.

Funny you should mention this now. I'm going to try to get down to Mim's for the next jam! I'll let you know what I think at least. :)

I try to attend the jams. They are fun. At the ones I have been to there are usually 8 or so ukers.

8 seems like a pretty good turnout. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there sometime.

hey! mim & i started this jam a good while back. we do generally have anywhere from 5-12 people show up for a great time!

it's from 3-5 pm the first saturday of the month. i've moved up north to denver (okay, it's still nc but a lot further from aloha snow). and my family & i have started up a ministry that usually takes up our weekends. so i've bowed out of the jam for now.

but go & have a great time! the shaved ice really helps with the heat.

bring 10-15 copies of some of your favorite songs.

mahalo!

Hey! We did not have one this last weekend because I was at UWC. Unless people showed up... I kinda forgot to send out an e-mail... shhhhh!

The summer out attendence is more sparse because people have things on the weekend. But we will continue to have them because even just 5 people can be a hoot! We play EVERYTHING from Hawaiian music, to Bruce Springstein, to Beach Boys, we have even done some Metallica. Anything is cool and all songs are welcome. Just make sure you know them enough to sing loud enough to lead the group if they are a little more random. Does that make sense? Usually most songs somebody knows, but we will sing it provided you can lead it if it is more random.

Because of the July 4th weekend, the July one will be on the 9th. The August would be the first weekend of August. I am also thinking of starting a mid-week jam that would run 9pm-11pm ish. Something where there is no customers so it can be a more complete jam!

COME SEE US!

We are jammin' this Saturday!

Who?:
ANYONE

What?:
JAM!!!
Bring 8ish copies of some favorite songs, make sure you have a key or write out any chords that are not as familiar. (Dont worry about the easy-peasy chords) Bring 4-5 songs.
What kind of music? ANYTHING!
If you can't sing it, make sure it is more of a known song so someone can... but other than that anything goes as long as you can lead it!
ALL SKILL LEVELS! We go not have a formal class, but trust me beginners, we will make sure you can follow along. We are VERY beginner friendly!

Where?:
Aloha Snow/ Mim's Ukes
www.alohasnow.com/location

When?:
We are voting!
10-12am, 3-5pm, 9-11pm
(PM me if you have a preference and I will announce the official time by Tuesday night)

Any quesions?! Let me know! I will answer them!​

Top Bottom