Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kamaka "special" tenor

Red face Kamaka "special" tenor

Hey All!

I just got off the phone with Kamaka and the person said If I ordered a Kamaka "Special" I could get Abalone Rosette with a Rope border and Abalone fingerboard dots. I was just wondering does anyone have pictures of one with these specs? And does anyone know what brand hard shell cases they sell with their ukes also and if you have pics that would be great.

Im really close to ordering one, they said it would take about 3-5 weeks to make it and just wanted to get an idea how it would look.

Mahalo!
    Last edited by MauiWowie; 06-01-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Currently Playing - KAMAKA "Special" Tenor

Wishlist - KOALOHA Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre or Super Concert,DV-I or Kanilea G6
    Dreamlist - KAMAKA "Custom" Tenor (Slot head,cutaway,etc...) and KoAloha "Custom" Tenor (Koa,Sprucetop,Cutaway,etc....)

Hippie Dribble Guest

Hi MauiWowie...na, I can't help you there but I can't wait to see the pics from someone who owns one. I just adore Kamaka ukes. I have a concert and a pineapple and I think the pineapple is one of the sweetest sounding sopranos I ever heard. Several times I've thought about buying a deluxe Kamaka soprano, but then just because it's been prettied up, it won't sound any better than a standard model. Good luck with your purchase. How exciting!!!

I thought they stopped taking orders for specials.

If you have the chance and the funds, I'd say order it. It sounds exactly like how they describe it. You can see the rope border on the Ohta San.

I don't know if their ukes come with cases, but I know they sell Kamaka-branded Ameritage cases from the factory too.

Good luck!

I would call them too but....All the way from Australia :/

Would they do slotted headstocks for Non-artists? :S
    The ukulele will one day take over the world.

Well, it's now 100% Wixom ukuleles.

Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    But here's my youtube,
    so visit maybe?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidson?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by MauiWowie View Post
    Hey All!

I just got off the phone with Kamaka and the person said If I ordered a Kamaka "Special" I could get Abalone Rosette with a Rope border and Abalone fingerboard dots. I was just wondering does anyone have pictures of one with these specs? And does anyone know what brand hard shell cases they sell with their ukes also and if you have pics that would be great.

Im really close to ordering one, they said it would take about 3-5 weeks to make it and just wanted to get an idea how it would look.

Mahalo!
    Aloha Mauiwowie,
    I played with 4 special order kamakas 3 months ago. 3 sopranos and a
    tenor.. 4A Premimum full curl, spruce top, MOP fingerboard dots, 5,7
    10,12, ebony faceplate with MOP KK logo, Key:Mini gibson shaft old/ebony buttons ,fingerboard ebony, ebony bridge.. they were
    beautiful...I should have taken pictures of them but no camera at the
    time...

I just received my HF-3 special and they said that they could not make rosette, rope border.
    And now, you just say, they can !! I'm so disappointed !!

Here some pictures for Stan ( I am not a good photographer )

Last edited by moka; 06-01-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Mahao Moka,
    for the pictures...yup they were something like that..thanks for sharing... yours is stunning too...
    Mauiwowie got lucky, good for him...can't wait to see his pic's too...

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Here some pictures for Stan ( I am not a good photographer )

That uke looks very very nice.
    Whenever I meet a person for the first time I say in my head "I know you can read minds"....... just in case.

Aloha MauiWowie...if you have the funds...go for it!! Kamaka will not disappoint you (if they said they could make that uke for you) I have a Kamaka HF-3 that came with a hard case. Not sure of the maker of it but it is pretty good...not great!
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

Thread Information