I made something that sounded a little like music....

kevsumac

Reaction score
Yesterday I was practicing and some stuff came out that sounded a little like music. Weird. I can hold the shape of any chord and I can strum decently. Unfortunately, you have to BOTH and at the SAME TIME in order to produce something pleasing to the ear. Been hacking on Green Day's Good Riddance. Just G C D Em with a moderate strumming pattern. Got it off youTube. Practicing is so much better when you produce the sound you are aiming for, becomes fun. Think I'm on my way :D

That's Great!

Keep practicing and it'll get a lot easier.

It'll happen for you - it did for me.

Congrats, it's just a matter of time and practice.

Congrats! Keep strumming away and enjoy your uke. I found that at first I got really frustrated, but then I chilled and everything seemed to just "click" and I got it!

Aloha Kevsumac,
Great to hear you are making good progress...Keep at it..and it will come....Happy Strummings..MM Stan

That's how it all begins!!! You are on the right path...keep going!!!!

Nice man the practice is paying off. Pretty soon strumming will just be second nature and you will be making your own strumming patterns on the spot.

Yesterday I was practicing and some stuff came out that sounded a little like music. Weird. I can hold the shape of any chord and I can strum decently. Unfortunately, you have to BOTH and at the SAME TIME in order to produce something pleasing to the ear. Been hacking on Green Day's Good Riddance. Just G C D Em with a moderate strumming pattern. Got it off youTube. Practicing is so much better when you produce the sound you are aiming for, becomes fun. Think I'm on my way :D

Keep it up! I remember that day, it's exciting! Way to go... Never look back!

Congrats! I wanted to play the same song, but I started smaller with Amazing Grace and now into my 10th month of playing, I can finally manage some Green Day, still struggling with that upstrum, so you're way ahead of me!

Keep at it and you'll be playing everything within no time at all!

Congrats! I wanted to play the same song, but I started smaller with Amazing Grace and now into my 10th month of playing, I can finally manage some Green Day, still struggling with that upstrum, so you're way ahead of me!

Keep at it and you'll be playing everything within no time at all!

Only way ahead of you because I've tried to learn guitar for the past 2YEARS!

Top Bottom