Cincinnati Uke Group Forming

jkevinwolfe

Reaction score
At the UWC there seemed to be enough interest to get a local uke group together. We'd like to have our first meet in the next month or so. If interested, please reply here to let me know. Don't worry about skill level. if you own a uke, you're in.

For the moment, the official Facebook group is Cincinnati Friggin' Ukes.

Kevin, this is Carl Dorsch, and as we've already discussed at the Ukulele World Congress, I'm interested in getting together in the general Cincinnati area. I'm sure it'll be fun.

Lucky dog, you just want to show off your winnings!
Tookta insists your karma won you the raffle because you stood in the hot sun and grilled for everyone.

I'm overdue for a visit to Cinci, sounds good to me.

Cincy get together? I'm in!

Great news! Just keep me up to date on when. I'm just down the road, just north of Lexington KY and would love to come up and see some of my new friends from UWC11.

I'm in! It was great meeting you at UWC. And I second the thanks for you spending all that time grilling.

Last edited:
I am in Dayton, but would love to meet up as well. I wasn't able to make the UWC, as we had a sick kid. Would be nice to meet folks from the boards and play/talk ukes

Thanks for the replies. We're probably looking at a Saturday or Sunday meet up for our first meeting. Preference as to day anyone?

I know I am busy Saturday June 11, also July 2 and 3 and July 9 and 10

Saturday nights are good, Sunday AM is bad, Sunday afternoon or evening are both good.

Fathers day would be bad but I am not sure when it is...

I am totally interested! Keep me posted :)

Mike,

If that's the case, I'm cooking both nights next year.

Andy,

Haven't got around to praising you yet, but that was a GREAT performance you did at the UWC.

If interested in joining up, please send me your email address if I don't already have it: wolfewithane at me dot com.

I am glad to see a new group forming! I am hoping to do the same in the Toledo Area. Cincinnati is just a bit too far. Good luck to you and your group.

Keven,

I am in and so is my friend Bruce. I we discussed we can have the first meeting at my house in Delhi Hills. I am sure Mike knows where that is. Just give me a little advance notice. Everyone is welcome!!!

Sam,

Ron volunteered his place as well. We'll probably do rotating locations so the authorities can't track us. I should have three potential early July dates for folks to vote on soon.

I've finally put some dates together for our first meet:

Sat. July 9 2p
Sun. July 10 2p
Tues July 12 7p

Please let me know what date works best for you.

Too bad. I got called out of town on a work trip and will miss all of those days. I'll be in Onalaska, WI.

Okay, it's settled. It seems that more folks can meet Sunday July 10, so plan on our meeting at 2 pm. Details to follow.

Our first meet is coming up Sunday 2p at Ron's place. if you need further details, PM me.

Top Bottom