Memory thread about the 3rd Annual Ukulele World Congress

MoreUke

Reaction score
Lots of stories, photos, and videos were made during the 3rd annual Ukulele World Congress that occurred on June 3rd & 4th, 2011 in a field with a stage in a rural part of Indiana known as Needmore, Indiana. These things are spread over the internet. Several places on the Ukulele Underground, Facebook, emails, etc. Hopefully, those photographers, videographers, and writers/story tellers will add them to this thread so they can be easily referenced in the future.

A beautiful video of the Ukulele World Congress 2011 has been made by Kilaana

Last edited:
First of all to recognize the man that started and put on this shindig. We all know him as Hoosier Hiver

IMG_1635.jpg

Then you need to add some participants.

[
IMG_1649800x283.jpg

of which there were many volunteers.

I hope someone got a high definition group shot. There were about 6 folks shooting pictures. I have only seen this one which is a bit low rez. (800px × 283px) and one video of the song.

But then it was quickly learned that if you put a lot of Ukulele players together they can't stay still.

Right Colin?

Correctomondo

Here's another version of the group song. Starts about 1 minute in. INSIDE THE MAYHEM

Now that's a great looking bunch, gaggle, herd, ... of ukulele players!

Oh, ensemble!

Oh well, keep uke'in',

Of course with anything that has any duration you need to relax:

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

Last edited:

Women so pretty performing they made them wait until dark!

Last edited:

Was told that the piano that is being used on stage is a miniature piano ... not toy. Quite the instrument.

Last edited:
Somewhere along the line fresh energy flew into the Ukulele World Congress from points afar. An example:

In the case of Uncle Elvis. Arrival was from the Bahamas ... hmmm I mean Bermuda. pay no attention to the following comment

Last edited:
Bermuda, brother... it's a long ways away! *grin*

(Totally understandable mistake... happens way too often!)

I am so wanting to be there next year!

Somewhere along the line fresh energy flew into the Ukulele World Congress from points afar. An example:

In the case of Uncle Elvis. Arrival was from the Bahamas.

That kid Elijah had crazy awesome energy too!

Top Bottom