Memory thread about the 3rd Annual Ukulele World Congress

I have to say that part of the reason that UWC is awesome is because of people like you coming, playing, and teaching so many of us. I hear so many people say "Oh, and Dom showed me this riff or this song". You help drive the great aloha spirit and make these events so much more fun.
Yes, Dominator, What He Said!
I came home and started working on Henehene Kou `Aka like you showed me. It seemed a LOT easier when you did it! :)
I am still enjoying the time I had there, thanks to EVERYONE who participated.

False memory thread: I dreamed that I was back at UWC last night. It was the same as I remembered and the bonfire was about to be lit. Diamonds were falling out of my wallet and Seeso and Ukulezo were helping to pick them up.<---- That should have been the tip off that it was just a dream. Anyway, it was great to see some of ya'll again in my dream. And now for coffee. And Bonita! Bonita was there with the lollipops again!

Hmmm, is that a flashback courtesy of the little jar of clear liquid? :)

False memory thread: I dreamed that I was back at UWC last night. It was the same as I remembered and the bonfire was about to be lit. Diamonds were falling out of my wallet and Seeso and Ukulezo were helping to pick them up.<---- That should have been the tip off that it was just a dream. Anyway, it was great to see some of ya'll again in my dream. And now for coffee. And Bonita! Bonita was there with the lollipops again!

That's really funny about the diamonds. Where does this sh*t come from!! LOL!

I had a great first intro to UWC. Made some great friends, got some great tips and help. After the bridge popped on my homebuilt, tenor cigar box uke due to the heat (and my poor glue choice), I got some great advice from some experienced builders. Just got it repaired this week and updated my Instructable and it just got picked by an editor and featured as the top popular link on the Instructables homepage! I also gave a shout-out and links to Mainland and Mainland Mike as a great parts source. Thanks to everybody for being a willing knowledge source.

Ooooh! Well, that explains how I came home with this.

4jote.jpg

Sorry, Matt. I'll be sure and get it back to you.....next year. :)

I had a great first intro to UWC. Made some great friends, got some great tips and help. After the bridge popped on my homebuilt, tenor cigar box uke due to the heat (and my poor glue choice), I got some great advice from some experienced builders. Just got it repaired this week and updated my Instructable and it just got picked by an editor and featured as the top popular link on the Instructables homepage! I also gave a shout-out and links to Mainland and Mainland Mike as a great parts source. Thanks to everybody for being a willing knowledge source.

Good to meet you Paul.

The bomb of an attempt that I had at "performing" on stage at UWC 11 has been a great instructor for me. Today, I played my wife some songs and she said I was playing them "differently". hell, I was even playing uke on one of the seediest streets of Bangkok today and doing it with renewed purpose because of my UWC experience.

Ultimately, I want to go back next year and play some more. I really don't care that I messed up. It was just fun to actually get up there and try.

I am still trying to make sure Boden (that dancing kid) stays focused to learn uke to also play next year.

The bomb of an attempt that I had at "performing" on stage at UWC 11 has been a great instructor for me. Today, I played my wife some songs and she said I was playing them "differently". hell, I was even playing uke on one of the seediest streets of Bangkok today and doing it with renewed purpose because of my UWC experience.

Ultimately, I want to go back next year and play some more. I really don't care that I messed up. It was just fun to actually get up there and try.

I am still trying to make sure Boden (that dancing kid) stays focused to learn uke to also play next year.
You were there? Did I meet you?

You were there? Did I meet you?

Yes, I'm the guy who told you I used to live in Huntington Beach before and asked if you had the lemon cilantro chicken at a mexican restaurant by the Huntington Beach Road. I think I mentioned missing the surf sound too. The surf sound made it to our condo which was almost half a mile from the pier.

Gave Scott (the light and electric guy) a tenor today. I think we got him hooked.

He deserves that an so much more. What a great guy!. I figured Ramses' assistant was going to show up at your shop asking about ukes. Maybe Ramses His-self. I think they were both getting into the whole thing.

Top Bottom