How many Eleuke owners out there?

Another one here :)
Mim sent me a really nice concert sized Koa solid body (the one with the eccentric hole in it).

I wanted it for quiet practice and it suits that role perfectly. Of course I also had to go out and buy a Roland microcube too ;). I find that I need to choose settings carefully on the cube but it sound great when I set it up properly. To be honest, I have headphones on 75% of the time with the eleuke.

And as we all know.... An Uke from Mim = happiness :D

Another one here :)
Mim sent me a really nice concert sized Koa solid body (the one with the eccentric hole in it).

I wanted it for quiet practice and it suits that role perfectly. Of course I also had to go out and buy a Roland microcube too ;). I find that I need to choose settings carefully on the cube but it sound great when I set it up properly. To be honest, I have headphones on 75% of the time with the eleuke.

And as we all know.... An Uke from Mim = happiness :D

Please please please can you offer me some tips and advice on what setting I should be using on the roland, I have messed around with it a fair bit and I agree that there is a huge range of sounds available just by twiddling the nobs :)

But the best and cleanest setting I've come up with for the Eleuke is to have the accoustic setting on the amp, a little bit of reverb or a slower delay, possibly a bit of chorus but i prefer it clean. With the tone nob on the uke at just under half way.

Do you use any gain on the cube ?

cheers

webby

I just got a Peanut, which is way fun. I have a Smokey mini amp, it's pretty gritty. I've learned that better headphones make it sound.....better! Imagine that! I got some super earbuds via a Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day this week, they are awesome!

Yeh
it's so in tune it's scary, i think it's black magic, the only way they can get the intonation that perfect is by doing a deal at the crossroads in my opinion :)

My Roland Micro Cube hates it though, the C string just booms out and dominates so iit really needs a little eq pedal in line somewhere to fix that.

But it's one hell of an instrument and I would recommend them to anyone.

I second that on the intonation, and the action is also very sweet. It matches the detailling of the whole thing, it's quite up there. Nothing but praise, IMO everything spot on.

Considering the booming C: I've got the same issue on my Stagg EUK, I don't notice it on my Eleuke. I play both through a Vox DA5 CL.
It might just be a little dent in the undersaddle pick-up or something small. If I were you I'd get someone to have a look. It's way too nice an instrument to let that blow the experience. When I get to the shop one of these days, I'll have them take a look. If it's worth anything I'll let you know.

I commented about this on another thread about the eleuke. I bought a pineapple a couple of months ago. I played it a few minutes quietly and then thru the headphones put it in the case and haven't touched it since and probably won't. I just didnt like it. I don't know exactly why but I don't. It didn't feel good holding it and it just isn't for me. I know a lot of you out there like it but I don't.

I have a baritone eleuke and, as others have mentioned, it is a fun instrument to take to the office. It is well made and easy to play. However, I have a great deal of difficulty making it sound 'acoustic' when amplified. I don't fully understand the relationship between the volume knob and the tone knob. Adjusting the volume changes the tone drastically. I sometimes can find a combination that produces a great tone but most of the time I'm fiddling with the knobs. I did find that changing the strings resulted in more even volume across the strings.

Keep the tone at about 1/4th of the range, to keep it mellow. Opened up full the sound gets sharper and looses that "nylon" sound.
Volume I tend not to go to far, I lean on the power of the amp. The further you crank the volume, the more gain and distortion. Also keep the gain and tone on the amp lowish.

My concert Eleuke arrive earlier this week (after it's 4000+ mile journey from MIM) but after a fleeting glance it's now been whisked away by the wifey and wrapped up, not to be seen again until Christmas day!

I picked up a baritone Eleuke in the Spring of 2011 and it's been fantastic. It's now my go-to instrument. I usually keep the volume at about half-mast and the tone just above its lowest setting, as I like a warmer tone. At first I thought it had intonation issues, but after I replaced the strings it sounded great. And I love the "What the hell is THAT?" looks I get from people when they see it. :)

You can hear it on a few songs on my last CD (Tracks 2, 8, and 11): http://escapetheclouds.bandcamp.com/album/until-the-end

I am looking to get a Peanut and have been in touch with Mim. She sounds awesome. Now I just need to pony up the cash for it, LOL!

Top Bottom