Song Help Request Strum Chords for "Honey Baby"

Guppy

Reaction score
I have already seen the tabs for parts of Honey Baby (much too hard for me), but I am interested in learning what the strum patterns are and the CHORDS actually being placed over (or in front of) the lyrics. I know the Chords, but I need the placement within the song—yes, I am that far off. I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me.

GuppyG.

Then I suppose this doesn't help you? Try looking at it while playing a Youtube video of the song, to get the rhythm. It's really a very easy song to play with no big surprises as far as the chords are concerned.
Try to get the chord rhythm down cool and tight before singing over it. Relax and it will come.

Strumming pattern: down down-up up-down? Again, check some videos and you'll see that there are some slight variations as well.

Btw, welcome!

I need the chords over the words

Thanks, but I have seen the Introduction posted all over the web, no one really has Honey Baby posted with the strum chords over the words within the song. I am not sure what most of the YouTube videos are doing because they all emphasize the beginning part.

GuppyG.

How about you be the first? Strum the first chord and sing. When things get out of tune, you should change the chord. Then continue to sing and repeat the previous step. What is wrong with that?

Code:
A          E6                Bm          E7
I saw you standing under the mango tree      etc.

...and simply put, this just repeats every sentence. A couple of the Youtube vids do a half-count strum from the E6 while sliding down the frets to arrive at your Bm position again.

Last edited:
Honey Baby - second line

Thanks, that is a great start for me, so the second line repeats the same chord strum?

GuppyG.

honey Baby

Hey everyone,
This is a big help but i'm trying to get the strumming pattern. Can someone help.

Thanks

Lim

The chords are . . . and the strum, well truthfully, you can strum it any way you want as long as the chord changes follow the tempo. One strum patterns can be found here. Another one is DOWN, chunk, UP, UP, chunk, UP or D, D, U, U, D. Oh yea, the same chords can be used for Drop Baby Drop . . . so you do a medley with both songs.
Code:
A        C#m          Bm          E7
I saw you there standing under the mango tree

Top Bottom