What is a "Super Tenor" uke

:agree:
It is confusing since they use the term "Super Concert" for a tenor neck on a concert body. But the "Super Tenor" is a large bodied tenor with a tenor neck. I think they need to come up with a less confusing name, since the term "Super" is currently used for long neck instruments from several different companies. Something like WB (wide body), XL (extra large), or Grandé would be more descriptive.
–Lori

I agree, the names can be confusing. Here's ours:

2010_07080090.jpg

It has a 20" scale. This is very nice. The name we use is "Tenor Ukulele". I beleive what is more commonly seen would be better known as "Short-neck Tenor Ukulele".

I am a very satisfied Kanile’a Diamond Super Tenor Ukulele owner. It has the standard tenor neck with an ebony fingerboard and beautiful ebony covered slotted headstock. The lower bout on the body is somewhat wider than on the standard tenor uke. However, the deep, rich tones this ukulele produces (especially, with the low G string)! The UV finish on the body and the silk finish on the neck make this instrument a pleasure to look at and a joy to play. It was pricey, but Scotty in Lihue, HI, made me a great deal and shipped it to my home in Oklahoma at no cost to me over 3 and 1/2 years ago. I have no regrets in the purchase of a high quality instrument I can play right now and pass it down to future Okie generations after I am gone.

Top Bottom