Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Want to Start an Ukulele Club...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKy671 View Post
    I have finally started a Ukulele Club here in Spanaway Lake High School. Unfortunately for certain reasons I cannot join myself, but I did it for them. Sadly I don't think I'll be getting any credit for staring it myself because people don't know I started it but whatever. We meet every Tuesday after school, and our Second meet will be next Tuesday. Thanks UU!!
    Say what? I will march on down to Spanaway Lake High School and slap those ukers who don't give credit to you. We'll devise a plan that will make them sorry! We'll gather all of UU and destroy them!

Maybe we shouldn't go that far...lol
    No business like Cho business

Last night, I created the first ukulele-themed club on Playstation 3 Home, a new application from Sony Computer Entertainment. At this point, there is one member aside from myself. Unfortunately, due to the user agreement, I cannot send free stuff to the members, since I can't ask for their addresses. I'll have to make a forum for them or something. Maybe even try to affiliate it with UU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Say what? I will march on down to Spanaway Lake High School and slap those ukers who don't give credit to you. We'll devise a plan that will make them sorry! We'll gather all of UU and destroy them!

Maybe we shouldn't go that far...lol
    thanks jack but i don't think the uke club is around anymore....
    the only person i can think has enough experience to really lead the uke club is me so it didn't really go well and they all stopped coming..... maybe next year.. :/

These Playstation Home users just suck. Nine days, not a single new member. So what if the club system was down for a few days, that's no excuse!

I mean, they could have at least asked me to invite them when it went back up...

Heyy!

Im in high school in the UK,im in year 9 (grade 8) and like theres hardly any people who play the ukulele apart from me,there is like nobody for miles apart from me who plays one.

Its real annoying,i have to travel 20 miles to get to the next ukulele player,i really want to jam with someone else but without having to travel far,im not if my friends at school would take up the uke either because they mostly play guitar,could you give me any tips please?

tshirtandties

yeah mate same here,i live in the midlands,got the same problem as you :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    what???

i speak english. Most commonly the language spoken on this site.
    whats a palangi or miko?
    ok, sorry,[ im tongan] heres a lil glosseryy

palangi- a white guy with no ook skills whatsoevah

miko- originated form the word "amigo" which in polynesia we would say miko
    which is, of course, is a mexican

he iz da bess presadent evah

I would like to get an 'ukulele club started here in the Olympia, WA area, can you email an information package?

LarryD
    ldouglas@bowfinclayworks.com

Default Starting an Ukulele Club help (For the Microwave Generation)

OK. For all of you that want to start a club, all you gotta do is start it.
    I'm a teacher and I sent out a letter to all students in grades three-five. They then brought them back to me and I then sent out another letter to their parents and gave information about time and basic info. They signed and then brought back to me. I have 31 students in the club and 24 of them have bought their own ukuleles. We have been meeting for three weeks now.

I am tired of hearing all of you complain about no one plays but you. Get out there and persuade people of the joy of the uke. Besides the kids, I have gotten four of my coworkers interested in the uke and three of them have purchased on already.

Nothing happens with out effort. So stop your whinning and do something about it.
    Last edited by haolejohn; 02-16-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Update on the Aquinas Grammar Ukulele Society:
    We've got 5 members and I think more are interested in joining (We've only got one spare uke to lend to those who are interested)
    We're playing one song with two beatboxers at the school's spring concert. We're doing Billie Jean, so the five of us can hopefully make enough skill combined to make an Aldrine and PureMarkSka.
    We have meetings every Wednesday. We have one song learnt (Bridge over Troubled Water) and we're working on Billie Jean.
    They're all sporting their Ukulele Underground stickers on their cases and schoolbags, and they'd like to thank you guys for them!

(my band, not something dirty)

Thread Information