Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UU+

Default UU+

Hey everyone

I've seen a few posts from people asking if UU+ was worth the money, and I thought I would make a post about it since I've now done 3 of UUU 101 lessons through UU+.

I've been playing now for about 10 months and haven't seemed to progress as much as I would have liked to, some of it is that during that time there's been about 4 months where I haven't touched my Ukes and the rest is that I teach myself and some people (like me) although fast learners, still need to see/be taught some of the stuff, like the allusive up strum (which isn't a fancy up strum, just what I call it because I've been unable to master it during my time playing, or at least consistently master it!)

I have very limited funds available to me and when UU VIP came out, I managed to get the money together to become a VIP member because I wanted to give back to the website and the people behind it who have made my ukulele journey so very fun - if I'd not met you all, I'd still be playing out of tune Astrid! Anyway, when they announced UU+ I didn't immediately join up, I wanted to, but where as UU VIP was something I could afford yearly, UU+ was $15 a month and I was worried because I didn't think I could afford it...anyway, long story short, about 10 days ago, I had the money for one months membership - got two weeks free and from then onwards it would be $15 a month. I don't know if I'll be able to renew it every month, but I hope to.

I'm getting off tangent here, my point is that UU+ is VERY much WORTH the price, in fact they could charge more for it (though please don't or I won't be able to afford it!! lol) I've worked my way through UUU 101 videos and have just gotten to week 3, have made careful notes of each lesson so I can look back on them at a later date - just in case I can't renew the membership or something - and I'm loving it, more to the point....I'M LEARNING!!! I've gotten off the plateau I was on and I'm learning rhythm patterns, strumming patterns and I can actually do them and make them sound like they should be...still need practise to get up to the speed Aldrine and other people play at, but my point is I'm consistently about to do the up strum!!

So, it's WELL worth the money, coupled with a lesson I got for free from a friend on Skype who's just starting out and is offering free 15 min lessons (anyone who's interested there's info about it in my blog!) I'm actually making progress and I think I'll soon be able to play and people not leave nasty feedback on Youtube (I ignore the majority of it if it's not constructive, but it still bugs me) I can do nothing about my crappy singing, but man if I can up strum, I can do anything!!!

THANK YOU Ryan, Aldrine and Aaron for all you do behind the scenes and for giving your time so freely for such a wonderful website and videos and everything!

Now, to tackle lesson 4!

Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

Great testimonial, Joey. I'm also a rank beginner and haven't yet looked into UU+ but will do so now. Thanks!
    2010 KoAloha KCM-00 Concert, ca. 1980 Kamaka Pineapple, ca. 1980 Kamaka Soprano, 2010 Woody's Round-Up Guitar

I finished UUU 101 in the live class feeds.. It was wonderful.. I joined UU plus and have made it through a few of the 102 classes.. Also excellent. For the money you can go wrong!

I love that I can do it on my time... and I have repeated and watched several of the lessons more than once!

I'm planning on signing up today

Saw some of the video titles and they were of things I've been curious about
    - Aaron

Kamaka Ukulele History & Info Site (Unofficial)

My Ukes: Kamaka Tenor, Pono Mahogany Concert

Quote Originally Posted by hopkid View Post
    Great testimonial, Joey. I'm also a rank beginner and haven't yet looked into UU+ but will do so now. Thanks!
    You're welcome! I've found it so easy to follow Aldrine's teaching, really feel like I'm made an improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by fitncrafty View Post
    I finished UUU 101 in the live class feeds.. It was wonderful.. I joined UU plus and have made it through a few of the 102 classes.. Also excellent. For the money you can go wrong!

I love that I can do it on my time... and I have repeated and watched several of the lessons more than once!
    I wanted to do UUU 101 and am so glad that once I've done the vids for 101 it's easy to move onto 102 without too much hassle or having to find another $150 from somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by PedalFreak View Post
    I'm planning on signing up today

Saw some of the video titles and they were of things I've been curious about
    They are great, you'll love them and well worth the money!
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

If you have a problem joining UU+, who do contact?

As a general UU member, I used an email address. As a VIP member, I use that same email address. But when I attempted to "upgrade" to UU+, I get an error message stating that that email address is already in use.

Anybody else have this problem?

Who do I contact?
    Some of my toys:
    Taylor 814CE
    Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
    Pono Mango Gloss Tenor Uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Uke

Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Ultra-Classic

Hey Joey,

Nice timing! I was just wondering yesterday if I should join UU+.
    Can you download videos and other materials too?
    I think it would be great if I can carry tutorials and lessons on my iPod.
    Sopranos : Kiwaya Famous FS-5 , Kamaka Pineapple HP-1, Flea Market Music FireFly Banjo Uke
    Concerts : Eleuke CC100MHP, Surf Fluke
    Other : Yellow Otamatone

I totally agree, redBee. Thanks for asking this question.
    . . . and justice for all.

I didn't know about UU+ but I will definitely be joining! It is worth it to me to have the videos available 24/7 and not have to worry about time zones.
    Kala KA-FMS Soprano / Lanikai LU21C Concert / Eleuke Pineapple Tenor
    Maton M225 guitar
    I survived Ukulele 101!

Quote Originally Posted by redBee View Post
    Hey Joey,

Nice timing! I was just wondering yesterday if I should join UU+.
    Can you download videos and other materials too?
    I think it would be great if I can carry tutorials and lessons on my iPod.
    I think it's something that will happen, don't think it's there just yet, best person to ask would be Rayan!

Thread Information