Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jake Shimabukuro Tab book :)

Default Jake Shimabukuro Tab book :)

Just asked my Hal Leonard rep about this, if she had heard anything about it, and if she could tell me about it.

I got this reply: "It looks like we are working on that book. I have been told it should be done late August or September."

Thought there would be a lot of people interested in knowing that
    - Aaron

Kamaka Ukulele History & Info Site (Unofficial)

My Ukes: Kamaka Tenor, Pono Mahogany Concert

Thanks for the update. I'm sure this book will be "must buy" for many of us, even if we don't stand much of a chance of being able to really play his versions.

It's been a long time coming, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Even as itsme said "we don't stand much of a chance of being able to really play his version" we can still do our own versions.
    http://www.youtube.com/errol4bz
    http://leroy4bz.blogspot.com/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain!

Thanks for the info, but I will believe it when I see it. This book has been in the making for some time now and I have heard many "release" dates. I hope this time is for real.

I have been looking forward to purchasing this book for ages thank you for the info. I can only expect amazing things.
    Ukulele is more than just a hobby. Its a way of life.

I NEEEED THAT BOOOK!

Think they will ship it to Cambodia? lol
    *Dianalele invented the ukulele, Dance Dance Revolution, and temporary tattoos. Kind of a big deal.*

I used to really wish for such a tab book, but at this point in time, I actually derive more fun trying to figure out Jake's arrangements myself by watching videos and listening to his albums.

It would be nice to just point people to such a tab book when I get requests for Blue Roses Falling tabs though. LOL! (seriously, what's up with all the people who want tabs to Blue Roses Falling??? It seems like 95% of the Youtube messages I get is asking for tabs to Blue Roses Falling...)
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

Quote Originally Posted by dnewton2 View Post
    Thanks for the info, but I will believe it when I see it. This book has been in the making for some time now and I have heard many "release" dates. I hope this time is for real.
    I agree with you. I can't believe it this time either.

Quote Originally Posted by PedalFreak View Post
    Just asked my Hal Leonard rep about this, if she had heard anything about it, and if she could tell me about it.

I got this reply: "It looks like we are working on that book. I have been told it should be done late August or September."

Thought there would be a lot of people interested in knowing that
    Does anyone have any update on the book? It's September already
    Kala KA-MT Tenor w/ Worth Browns, 9.30.10 ~ 4.13.13
    KoAloha Red-Label Mango Tenor w/ Worth Clears, 4.23.13
    Koa Pili Koko Deluxe Acacia Concert w/ Worth Clears, 2.12.14

the Jake iPad app has the tab for Gently Weeps (and Pianoforte) that scrolls beneath the video lesson, so I'm thinking this is quite possible now.
    Kamaka HF-3 tenor
    Kanile'a 8 string custom tenor
    Martin style 1
    Mya-Moe myrtle tenor (#490)

Thread Information