Night Time Uke Playin'

NYG010

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I realized most of my free time during the week is after 9-10PM where most of my neighbors and family are getting ready to sleep, so how in the world do I play my uke without the noise!!?

I'm thinking there must be some type of silencers like they make for trumpets and violins? Anyone have any ideas??

Buy an eleuke. They are supposedly quiet and have a headphone jack

I have the same problem. You've undoubtedly heard the phrase "Put a sock in it"? Supposedly that works too. :D

Get an Eleuke or Stagg solid body electric ukulele, NYG010. That will completely resolve your issue. Otherwise, stuff crumpled newspaper in the soundhole of your current uke. That will significantly reduce it's acoustic output. Ric

Get an Eleuke or Stagg solid body electric ukulele, NYG010. That will completely resolve your issue. Otherwise, stuff crumpled newspaper in the soundhole of your current uke. That will significantly reduce it's acoustic output. Ric
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I just bought a Fender Nohea and am very pleased with it, I also dont have the finances to afford another uke so I'm going to have to resort to other options.

When will someone make a simple plastic soundhole cover or a chrome one to mute the sound...that will pay for His/Her ukulele passion purchases...

While it's not the same as playing songs, you can mute the strings to practice strums, rolls, etc. and picking techniques some of the time.

When will someone make a simple plastic soundhole cover or a chrome one to mute the sound...that will pay for His/Her ukulele passion purchases...

They make them for guitars, but I've only ever seen DIY one's for Uke's.

Here's someone selling a DIY version.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tenor-ukulele-S...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5f77ade05b

They are mainly used to eliminate feedback when amplifying and acoustic guitar, but they also take the volume down quite a few decibles.

Put a piece of folded up cloth (wash rag, sock, whatever) or sponge under the strings at the bridge.
Tried this, its a decent alternative. Thanks buddy.

Buy an eleuke. They are supposedly quiet and have a headphone jack

I like this choice :shaka:!!!

I do have to say though... I do sell Eleukes to stage performers and people who want the electric options, but also sometimes it is people who have to be quiet for one reason or another. Roommates, neighbors, new babies, spouses who want to kill them, or sometime just dont want to be heard when learning a song!

You think I'm kidding? Great acoustics in the car. You should try it sometime.

Yeah, krabbers does a lot of his videos in a car. It really is a good "studio." :)

Cloth, or even wadded up newspaper, stuffed into the sound hole between the top and back will quiet things down quite a bit, but is a pain with strings in the way. I've heard of putting a piece of thin, non-fuzzy cloth (like a piece cut from a sheet or pillow case) between strings and bridge saddle but I haven't tried it personally. You'd have to loosen the strings up to get it in place, of course, and if you're going to do that they're probably loose enough to push aside to stuff the soundhole.

If you've got the dough a solid-body eleuke with the headphone output would be cool. I'm considering buying one but not yet fully convinced that I need one.

John

wow, seems i'm a lucky man.
my wife gets asleep hearing me playing the ukulele in bed almost every night...

only solution, acoustic isolated room !!!!

Top Bottom