Thread: Wrist hurts?

Default Wrist hurts?

So I've been addicted to my ukulele but my wrist is hurting. Am I just playing too much or holding it the wrong way?

Here's a recent thread with some suggestions for ukulele injuries.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...ead.php?t=4849

This is common when you just start out, but it is better you give your wrist a bit of rest when things start hurting. Also, try to use less force when gripping your ukulele. You only need to put so much pressure that the chord sounds clean, anything more is wasted energy.
    If you find a particular chord difficult to hold, resulting in too much pressure to compensate for the bad grip, try slanting your hand position in the direction of the neck (so your fingers point slightly towards the body, instead of being at a straight angle to the neck), this may help a bit. Be sure to take a break between sessions, stretching your hands a bit as well.

Edit: oops, too late and hey, there was a thread already! Had forgotten about that...
    sigs disabled kthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
    So I've been addicted to my ukulele but my wrist is hurting. Am I just playing too much or holding it the wrong way?
    Is it the strumming wrist or fretting wrist that hurts?

My fretting wrist.

^ my fingers and wrist hurt at one stage, i ust kept going though and it eventually went away

Thread Information