Uke Got Mail 4 - Strings??

Alright, Manny and Aldrine are back again for another UKE GOT MAIL (Strings!). I know this question has been spoken about time and time again down here in the Underground, but for those who are just starting out this might be a good one to check out (and even if you are a string expert, checking out this ep might be good, just so you understand what everyone else is joking about).

Thoughts, ideas, questions, comments? Post them here!

Another great Uke Got Mail! Lots of good information. Although I don't think I'll be trying Manny's string recommendation any time soon!
But you gotta love Manny Rooster!!! :D

Another great Uke Got Mail! Lots of good information. Although I don't think I'll be trying Manny's string recommendation any time soon!
But you gotta love Manny Rooster!!! :D

what:eek:??? dont you know that pissing line are THE best strings for ANY stringed instrument.

The information about the saddle and chaning strings one at a time was really good, had no idea about that. Thanks aldrine and manny.

I have to admit that I have used "Pishing Line" strings. :eek:

Here are some recomendations...........

G & A string - 20# test
E string - 30# test
C string - 50# test

Ande is my favorite brand (both for pishing and :music:)

Believe it or not, they don't sound as bad as you'd think.

Yeah, whos the chick in the background at about 2:28? Huh, Aldrine? (Unless it's your sister, then I take back the "Huh Aldrine.")

And my suggestion is that you guys try to match the volume on the intro cutscene to the rest of the video, because I have noticed that that part just gets really loud compared to the rest of the video. That'd be great for me.

Yeah, whos the chick in the background at about 2:28? Huh, Aldrine? (Unless it's your sister, then I take back the "Huh Aldrine.")

And my suggestion is that you guys try to match the volume on the intro cutscene to the rest of the video, because I have noticed that that part just gets really loud compared to the rest of the video. That'd be great for me.

Its his sister

The information about the saddle and chaning strings one at a time was really good, had no idea about that. Thanks aldrine and manny.

Yeah, I learned this the hard way... Thought I ruined the uke I gave my mom. I mustve put it back in the same way, cuz it sounds just fine. Whew! neva do that again

Very very helpful and timely.
I recently bought a Pono PTO tenor and it came with the Koaloha strings, (low G, wound) It was feeling a bit too "guitar" to me, so I bought a sampler of different strings, different brands and both high and low G, all nylon and wound strings, to try them out, see what I like.
I've been playing around with the first set, Hilos, high G, all nylon, and wasn't in love. So, I thought I'd try the next option (D'Addario black nylon, wound C). But now that I've watched this video, I realize that since it's only been a week I really should let them settle for a bit before I switch them out again.
I also didn't realize that I should change them one string at a time. That's key advice. Thankyouverymuch.
I'm also digging Manny. We had a Manny up here in Boston once. He was a tempermental little cock-a-doodle, too. :p

Top Bottom