Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival

Default Tickets for James Hill & Friends Now Available

Tickets are on sale now for James Hill & Friends at the Napa Valley Opera House, Friday, Sept. 9. This year, James will be performing with Anne Davison, Lil' Rev, Gerald Ross and Aaron Keim. Last year's show was killer. This one might be even better. Plus, there's a VIP reception before the concert with a food & wine pairing.

Tickets ($25, $35 & $50) are available through the Opera House: http://winecountryukefest.com/friday...y-opera-house/ You can purchase them online, but I think you'll save a few bucks by purchasing them by phone: (707)226-7372.

Hey Elaine, are you looking for more performers/instructors? My good friend, Isaiah Holokahi (Bradda Izi) hosts plenny jams and teaches weekly classes in Vallejo. I'm sure he'd be interested.

Also, is the vendor section free this year, similar to the first year, but unlike last year's?

Aloha,

We are pretty much full up for instructors this year, but I might be able to find a spot on the performance stage for your pal on Sunday, "Aloha Day." So have him get in touch with me.

And, yes, the vendor section will be free this year. The live music at the college is also free but we are asking folks to purchase a wristband which will get them three raffle tix (value $15), preferred seating for the live music (up close and in the shade), and an opportunity to jam with the pros (priceless.) Everyone loves a free event, but the musicians and sound guys gotta eat, too.

Default Tickets On Sale for Flea by Night

Flea by Night flattened.jpg

Tickets are now on sale online for our Saturday Night event with the one and only Flea by Night Band, featuring Gerald Ross, Marv & Kathy Reitz, and James Hill on fiddle! $35 for music and wine tasting. $50 includes dinner. This is going to be nothing but fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Elainede View Post
    Aloha,
    ...snipped... The live music at the college is also free but we are asking folks to purchase a wristband which will get them three raffle tix (value $15), preferred seating for the live music (up close and in the shade), and an opportunity to jam with the pros (priceless.)
    Could you tell us a bit more about the after hours jam?

have been inactive on UU for a while - can't stay gone for long. Looking forward to seeing lots of folks at the WCUF.
    -Loch Tess Monster

Kala Tenor (KA-TE) custom pinstriping
    Celentano semi-hollowbody blue burst LP style electric
    Jupiter Creek Natural Tenor Teleukulele
    Kala Soprano (KA-S)
    Bruno & Son "The Vernon" Concert Banjolele
    Bugera v22 amp

Quote Originally Posted by Dougf View Post
    Could you tell us a bit more about the after hours jam?
    Sure. "After hours" just means after the official workshops are done at 3:30. On Saturday Gerald Ross (the original jam monster) will lead a Swing Band Jam with Kathy and Marv Reitz and whoever else wanders by from our illustrious pool of ukulele talent. On Sunday, Lil Rev and Aaron Keim will be leading a jugband jam....bring your own jug. Both jam sessions are free to join if you have the coveted wristband. To get the wristband you either have to buy the full-day workshop pass for that day or buy the wristband for $15 (you also get 3 raffle tix worth $15 when you buy the wristband.......).

The Swing Jam and I'm pretty sure the Jug Band jam will be a very inclusive affair. That was INclusive. The tunes will be easy to play for the beginner but interesting enough for the experienced jammer to stretch out and explore. See you there.
    Gerald Ross
    Vintage Ukulele, Lap Steel Guitar, Guitar

Northwest Ann Arbor Michigan's King of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar
    Gerald's Website
    Gerald's Wikipedia Page

A UkeTone Recording Artist

Elainede, are dogs allowed at the Napa Valley College location during the festival?

Anyone have any ideas on how to identify fellow UU members? It'd be nice to put a face to a username Being a newbie here, I missed out on a shirt so I'll probably wear my shirt from the 41st Ukulele Festival on Oahu and as stated to DougF in another post, I'm probably the biggest Japanese guy you've ever seen. Hope to meet many of you there.

-Gary
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Thread Information