2011 Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival

Elainede, are dogs allowed at the Napa Valley College location during the festival?
Eh Russ, you guys goin? I'll be there on Saturday . . . if I don't get derailed like last year. I'll see ya there!

Hey Danny, dog willing, we'll see you there. Saturday also :)

Wear something that says UU on it! I think I'll just bring a couple of those stick on name tags for mine. I want to meet you guys - sounds like lots of UUers will be there. Cool!

I think we UUers should get together at some point and make a video. I have an idea for changing the lyrics for "To You Sweetheart Aloha" to something like "To Ukulele Underground, Mahalo." If people are interested in making a video of this, or of some other video we could post here, I could send or post the chords and lyrics ahead of time.

I'm planning to wear a UU shirt at least one of the days, but maybe we could all bring one of those "My name is" stickers (or maybe the festival organizers will let us leave a pile of them at the registration table) on which we could each put our UU handle.

Last edited:
I will be there Sunday it seems...my weekend got all sucked up. Look for the really short fellow with the dumb look on his face ;)

I will be there with my wife for the dinner event on Saturday and also walking around the booths and flea market!

I will be there with my wife for the dinner event on Saturday and also walking around the booths and flea market!

Cool! Don't forget to bring a sticker for your shirts that says "UU: jonesjimbo" so we can recognize you! I'm planning to bring a package of stickers since I'm sure I will lose mine regularly but I'll try to have one on as well.

Forecast for Friday is 103 degrees (yuck!) but 88 on the weekend which is more tolerable. Hope they have air conditioning in the classrooms or we'll have to have classes like "How to Hold Onto a Slippery Ukulele With Sweaty Hands" instead of "Beginning Fingerpicking"!

Bring your 3 & 4 chord songs to the Calistoga Village Inn & Spa Saturday night for a poolside jam.
We had a nice group last year.

Bring your 3 & 4 chord songs to the Calistoga Village Inn & Spa Saturday night for a poolside jam.
We had a nice group last year.

I was thinking we would go to this but we got tickets to the Flea By Night benefit that night. Hopefully we will see you around anyway!

Wow! I've finally crawled out from my rock!!!

Totally missed it this year! How was it?

Anyone who missed this, missed a GREAT festival. Not only did Elaine put together a group of the best players and instructors, but the festival ran smooth.
Everything was on time and organized well, making the whole festival a great experience.

We are looking foward to WCUR in May and WCUF next Sept.

Glad to hear! I've been crazy busy this year, and to be perfectly honest, I was a little deterred from last year's lack of wow/fun factor. The first year went HARD, and was free all around ;)

I'll make special effort to come next year!

On a different note, anyone go to the Aloha Fest last weekend?

Top Bottom