New Uke for me!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
First off I hope I can figure out how to post a picture. Here is the new sailor soprano on the way from Uke republic. It has a mahogany top with eucalyptus sides. On the 12th fret I had my dads name "Gus" inlayed on it. He was a WWII navy vet and had that tattoo of the anchor on his forearm so I only thought it fitting to name it after him. Mikes pics are great so When I get it I will only be posting a vid for the sound. I think it looks great and cannot wait to get it! rem

Attachments

• Picture 252.jpg
    Picture 252.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 257.jpg
    Picture 257.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 253.jpg
    Picture 253.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 245.jpg
    Picture 245.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 249.jpg
    Picture 249.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 80
Aloha Rem50,
Congratulations on the new sailor and getting it engraved with your pops name to it...such a proper dedication..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Sweet uke. Sweet gesture to honor your dad. Congratulations

First off I hope I can figure out how to post a picture. Here is the new sailor soprano on the way from Uke republic. It has a mahogany top with eucalyptus sides. On the 12th fret I had my dads name "Gus" inlayed on it. He was a WWII navy vet and had that tattoo of the anchor on his forearm so I only thought it fitting to name it after him. Mikes pics are great so When I get it I will only be posting a vid for the sound. I think it looks great and cannot wait to get it! rem

i wonder if that was a popular name back then. My g-pa was named Gus and he is a WWII vet as well.

That mahog/eucalyptus combo is stunning.

That is a gorgeous Uke, and such a great tribute to your Dad! Hope to hear a sound sample soon!!! Happy New Uke Day :D:D

That is a beautiful instrument! I think it's also a very nice gesture and it makes for a unique ukulele as well.

Beautiful instrument and it will have great meaning and value to you.

Thanks yall, I never have named a Uke and I don't really consider this one named. As mentioned in one of the post it's more of a tribute and reminder for me. I also think it has a nice flair to it. :) I cannot wait to get my hands on it and do some "happy strumming" Stan !

Ditto, beautiful uke and tribute to your Dad. Did he play the uke? I think I am going to "need" one of those Sailor brands someday...
Congrats on a beautiful new uke.

Obviously a lot of thought went into the planning on this one! Love the uke and the sentiment. Its beautiful.

Ditto, beautiful uke and tribute to your Dad. Did he play the uke? I think I am going to "need" one of those Sailor brands someday...
Congrats on a beautiful new uke.
Not a uke player but I always thought he played the guitar because when I started I found his 1936 3/4 size Kalamazoo under his bed. It turns out he only knew G, C, D and had NEVER changed the strings! Ha! Have you ever seen strings left on a guitar for over 50 years? Not pretty, but the neck was still straight and it did not even have a truss rod. Unbelievable.

Beautiful Sailor, the mahogany looks great with the eucalyptus. That one's a keeper!

Top Bottom