Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cerritos Ukulele Festival 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by kupo.ukulele View Post
    Hey lori wanted to ask you what is the website of this event ?
    They haven't updated the web site yet. Here is the link from last year.
    http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com/
    –Lori

I had a great time last year and am looking forward to this years festival. I'm glad you did some detective work to find out if it was happening. Thanks Lori
    Kanile'a K-1 Tenor
    Kala Travel Soprano

I haven't went there last year so I think I might go.

Glad to hear this is happening, I look forward to it.

I always thought it might be fun to play a show at one of these. Maybe someday.

Ugh...

I don't know what this will do to attendance, but it seems that the festival has been moved to the following week... I think that's Saturday, October 1.

It's really late in the game, but a little bird tells me that a bunch of the workshop instructors couldn't commit to the original date... I'm guessing because of conflicting commitments with another uke fest north of here. Regardless, its moved, and the instructors can make that next week.

Added bonus, a bunch of vendors that are set to do the Pacific Islanders Fest in SD can now do the new date for the SoCal Uke fest.

I can't tell if this is good or bad...

I think it's good... although its probably a bit of a ding on the organizer's credibility to organize. But I say we cut them some slack, they are still learning the ropes, having only recently taken the reigns. I'm just glad the events haven't completely disappeared.
    It's not the size that is important, it's how you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jinny View Post
    Ugh...

I don't know what this will do to attendance, but it seems that the festival has been moved to the following week... I think that's Saturday, October 1.

It's really late in the game, but a little bird tells me that a bunch of the workshop instructors couldn't commit to the original date... I'm guessing because of conflicting commitments with another uke fest north of here. Regardless, its moved, and the instructors can make that next week.

Added bonus, a bunch of vendors that are set to do the Pacific Islanders Fest in SD can now do the new date for the SoCal Uke fest.

I can't tell if this is good or bad...

I think it's good... although its probably a bit of a ding on the organizer's credibility to organize. But I say we cut them some slack, they are still learning the ropes, having only recently taken the reigns. I'm just glad the events haven't completely disappeared.
    Maybe they should update their website.....where did you hear this?

Website for the festival hasn't been updated yet. I hope my info is correct.
    Maybe its just an elaborate trick to keep me from celebrating all that is uke.
    It's not the size that is important, it's how you use it.

I haven't heard anything about a date change yet, and I know at least one Uke Group that is performing and they still are listing the 24th. As a vendor, I would hope they would contact me soon if this is true.

–Lori

Quote Originally Posted by jinny View Post
    Website for the festival hasn't been updated yet. I hope my info is correct.
    Maybe its just an elaborate trick to keep me from celebrating all that is uke.
    I think these festival folks like to play it close to the vest, like the San Diego group.
    Keep Strummin'

Thread Information