Eugene's "IDIOT BOX BONANZA"

H

Hippie Dribble

Hi gang. Here's a new contest up for y'all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvKTTGP66I

THE CHALLENGE:

submit a video recording of a version of a TV Theme.

THE RULES:

1. can be from any era of TV and from any genre: comedy, drama, sci-fi, kids, cartoons, action etc etc you name it!

2. You must speak or sign, either at the start or end of the clip, that your video is for "Eugene's 'IDIOT BOX BONANZA' Contest". Just so we don't get entries that are just rehashed clips from ages back

3. You can do either an instrumental and / or vocal arrangement of the tune, layer tracks and do what you will BUT the arrangement MUST feature a ukulele out front and centre. The clip must also feature video of you playing the instrument somewhere.

BONUS POINTS CRITERIA:

yep, you don't have to be a ukulele or musical guru to win. The focus is on having fun and presenting something that is enjoyable to watch!

Obviously a great musical performance is a great musical performance, and will score highly on those terms alone. But for those of us with no video editing skills and or musical talent, the bonus criteria below will hopefully level the playing field a bit:

1. Entertainment Value

2. Personal Flair and Creativity

3. Props, Costuming, Settings etc

THE PRIZES:

Will be offered for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place getters

1st Prize: New Ken Timms Soprano Ukulele (the ukulele has been offered up by our fellow member, Ed Gilkison, an incredibly generous and amazing offer mate. THANKYOU!!!! :)) + your selection of DVDs and CDs.

2nd Prize: 4DVDs + 4CDs

3rd Prize: 2DVDs + 2 CDs

4th / 5th Prize: not referred to in the video, but will be your choice of 1 DVD + 1 CD.

The DVDs from which the prize winners get to choose from are these:

* Play Loud Ukulele, Jake Shimabukuro
* Anarchy In The Ukulele, Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
* Bill Sevesi's Dream (documentary)
* The Jumping Flea (documentary)
* To My Sweetheart, Aloha (documentary)
* Ukulele Chords, Mel Bay
* Learn To Play Blues Ukulele, Rigk Sauer
* Essential Strums For The Ukulele, Ralph Shaw

The CDs the winners get to choose from can be found on my website: www.eugeneukulele.com

HOW TO ENTER:

Submit your clip as a video response to the contest video linked above. Also please post it here so we can all enjoy them!

DEADLINE:

Midnight September 15th. (East Coast US time) If there is heaps of interest Ed and I may consider extending it for several weeks. We'll let you know well in advance.

Have fun with it everyone. That's really what this contest is about. Although the focus of this contest is to get in touch with that inner couch potato and celebrate some TV shows that may have meant a lot to us at different times in our lives, even more, it's about our love of the ukulele. Let's encourage each other and enjoy participating in this community we're all so passionately a part of.

Blessings all! :)

Last edited:
Holy Smokes...lookie at all them prizes....I am such at a noob with these stuff...but I will get a whole lot of fun watching...you are the man Eugene...wow thank you soo much...Good Goings..

oh gee what a great idea for a contest! and nice prizes and funny title. :) I was gonna take a break from contests, but have to enter at least one vid for this one just for the fun of it because i am a huge Gilligans Island fan and my daughter and I were just learning the theme song yestrday since she is a begining ukelele player and this is a song she happens to know all the words for lol ;) can there be more than one person performing in the video? perhaps i could get her to enter with me...

Great idea! Got mine started already. Should we chime in on what we are doing to avoid duplicates, Or just go for it?

oh gee what a great idea for a contest! and nice prizes and funny title. :) I was gonna take a break from contests, but have to enter at least one vid for this one just for the fun of it because i am a huge Gilligans Island fan and my daughter and I were just learning the theme song yestrday since she is a begining ukelele player and this is a song she happens to know all the words for lol ;) can there be more than one person performing in the video? perhaps i could get her to enter with me...

hey wolfy. Yep as many people as your heart desires mate!

Great idea! Got mine started already. Should we chime in on what we are doing to avoid duplicates, Or just go for it?

Na, duplicates are fine Chris. Just go for it brother!

This is a pretty amazing and generous contest, Thanks for putting it together Eugene Ukulele, should be a fun contest.

Last edited:
OOoohhh, I get to play dress up :)

Thanks Jon and Ed, this should be fun!

John

my daughter said she is in with me on it! This will be so much fun! :) good luck everyone looking forward to seeing what everyone cooks up, its bound to be good heehee

thanks for hosting this contest!

Hey Guys,
I took some pics of the uke and e-mailed them to Jon (eugene) but can't figure how to post 'em - ant techies out there that would care to walk us Luddites through it? I've just ordered in a new Kamoa fiberglass case for it (in Red) that will hopefully be in shortly, and it also comes with a new Snark tuner. whoopeee! -:)o) -and yes I actually do look like my 'type' face-
Ed G

oh oH OH! This does sound like fun. My virgin voyage into videography may have just set sail.

Top Bottom