Eugene's "IDIOT BOX BONANZA"

Hey Guys,
I took some pics of the uke and e-mailed them to Jon (eugene) but can't figure how to post 'em - ant techies out there that would care to walk us Luddites through it? I've just ordered in a new Kamoa fiberglass case for it (in Red) that will hopefully be in shortly, and it also comes with a new Snark tuner. whoopeee! -:)o) -and yes I actually do look like my 'type' face-
Ed G

Thanks Ed for the generous donation!!!
I can post the pics if you want to email them to me.
I'll pm you my email

1st Prize: New Ken Timms Soprano Ukulele (the ukulele has been offered up by our fellow member, Ed Gilkison, an incredibly generous and amazing offer mate. THANKYOU!!!! ) + your selection of DVDs and CDs.
Wow thanks Ed for putting up this great prize, the Ukuloonies are coming up with a plan, yehoooooo

Here you go folks. (Thanks Ed)

kentimmsuke011.jpg

kentimmsuke009.jpg

kentimmsuke013.jpg

Here's my entry!
Also posted as a response to your video.
Instrumentation is:
Kala Ubass (solo)
Mainland Red Cedar Tenor (with and without wah wah)
Gold Tone BUC banjo ukulele
Drums are a coffee can being hit with a drum stick (with tons of reverb)
Hope you all like it.

Here's my entry!
Instrumentation is:
Kala Ubass (solo)
Hope you all like it.

Wow! What an amazing start to the contest! :)

ahh I'm excited! I had a question though. Should we post a link to our video on this thread?

Yes, if you would UkeFreshie. That way we all can have easy access to everyone's clips and be able to enjoy them here...

Here's my entry!
Instrumentation is:
Kala Ubass (solo)
Hope you all like it.

Wah! Like, you've raised the bar real high on the first entry man....sheesh, gonna have to get me some bells and whistles (and cats, everyone's a sucker for a cute kitty).

Great entry CB, and I am awed you got it up so quick. :)

Thanks for the compliments folks. I realize that it's not usually the first horse out of the gate that wins. I'm sure by aug. 31 I will have faded back into the pack.
Lot's of creative folks here. Looking forward to seeing everyone's videos.

Thanks for the compliments folks. I realize that it's not usually the first horse out of the gate that wins. I'm sure by aug. 31 I will have faded back into the pack.
Lot's of creative folks here. Looking forward to seeing everyone's videos.

That was one damn good 'horse' this horse is staying in the barn! :) Great job!! Love it!

That was one damn good 'horse' this horse is staying in the barn! ....
I hope not!
We need everybody to show their stuff. We can all learn and grow from each other so don't hold back on us.
btw I almost scraped my video half way though because I thought it was lame, so no self doubt talk, get to work! :cool:

That was one damn good 'horse' this horse is staying in the barn! :) Great job!! Love it!

Whoa there Carrie!!! If I were a gamblin man, you is one young filly that I'd always have my money on...he he :)

Whoa there Carrie!!! If I were a gamblin man, you is one young filly that I'd always have my money on...he he :)

You are too funny...

I hope not!
We need everybody to show their stuff. We can all learn and grow from each other so don't hold back on us.
btw I almost scraped my video half way though because I thought it was lame, so no self doubt talk, get to work! :cool:

Thanks for your encouragement... I scare myself in my videos, and I have NO creativity! My playing is mediocre at best, but my singing is a good excuse for closing the barn doors!

...... I scare myself in my videos, and I have NO creativity! My playing is mediocre at best, but my singing is a good excuse for closing the barn doors!
Everything you have said about yourself is true of ME. In fact I have said the same about myself here recently.
No excuses, back to work!!! ;)

Top Bottom