Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: New uke gig bag!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    455

    Default New uke gig bag!

    I was at Elderly Instruments yesterday and saw this fantastic new ukulele gig bag. It's by the renowned instrument bag company Reunion Blues.

    This bag is very sturdy with almost a hard shell case feel, stylish, lightweight and ultra protective.

    Check it out.

    http://elderly.com/accessories/items/RBCONT-CONUKE.htm

    Disclaimer: I do not work for nor am an endorsee for Reunion Blues or Elderly Instruments! Just spreading some informative uke news.
    Gerald Ross
    Vintage Ukulele, Lap Steel Guitar, Guitar

    Northwest Ann Arbor Michigan's King of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar
    Gerald's Website
    Gerald's Wikipedia Page

    A UkeTone Recording Artist

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC , USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    LOVE these bags! I looked closely at this one last Friday & like everything about it. But... no concert uke except for my beater Kala "Mighty Uke" at present. I do plan on buying the tenor size for my LoPrinzi. Its considerably lighter than the hardshell case its in now. But these Reunion Blues cases are way more than the flimsy "gig bag" being pawned off w/guitars & many cheaper ukes.

    For the traveling or performing uke player, these should really be considered in place of a hard shell case, IMO. If your ukes never leave the house, perhaps a "standard" hardshell is just as good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barrington, RI
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Looks like a nice bag. Now if there's something that I obsess over more than new ukes, it's bags. All kinds. Camera, ipad, messenger, man-purse, you name it... and now I can add ukulele travel bags to the list??!!?

    My bank account thanks you for the tip, Gerald.

    Seriously, soon as I find a tenor one I'm going to order and use it for which ever uke I'm traveling with.
    -bill



    Relationship status: Kamaka HF-3 Tenor, Kamaka HF-36 Lili'u Tenor, Mainland Mahogany Soprano, Fluke Hibiscus, Farnsworth 2000 Soprano, Hilo Soprano (you never forget your first)

    Previous Relationships: Collings UT1-Koa, Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, Pono AT-SHC Tenor, Pono MHT-SH Tenor, Pono MPT-SH Tenor, Favilla Baritone, Mainland Red Cedar Concert, KoAloha Longneck Soprano

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC , USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdukes View Post
    ...
    Seriously, soon as I find a tenor one I'm going to order and use it for which ever uke I'm traveling with.
    I'm having a hard time finding a source for the tenor bag w/o HIGH shipping charges! The few online sources seem to want in the neighborhood of $30+ just to ship?!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    2,695

    Default

    Welcome to the real world. Shipping means boxing. Boxing means a box...that costs money...yes, real money. Boxing means labor...that costs money. Shipping means processing paperwork and computer work. That costs money. Of the quoted $30.00, I'll bet that barely half of that is in actual UPS, FedEx, or USPS shipping charges; the rest is packaging and handling. We ship things every day, and it's not inexpensive to do so.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC , USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Turner View Post
    Welcome to the real world. Shipping means boxing. Boxing means a box...that costs money...yes, real money. Boxing means labor...that costs money. Shipping means processing paperwork and computer work. That costs money. Of the quoted $30.00, I'll bet that barely half of that is in actual UPS, FedEx, or USPS shipping charges; the rest is packaging and handling. We ship things every day, and it's not inexpensive to do so.
    Yes, sir... you are correct. I'm whining! Perhaps if I just buy another uke AND that case at the same time from that same online vendor, the $30 won't seem extreme.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland (North)
    Posts
    51

    Default Probably the best looking gig bag (and tough too) I'VE ever seen

    Standard disclaimers ~ no relation to blah, blah.

    Elderly's site didn't have a lot of pictures of it but a quick Google search not only located more pictures but also a video on this page of a Fender Strat being thrown off a roof in a similar Reunion Blues case.

    Twice.

    Does my $99 ukulele need a $130 (with shipping) gig bag? Probably not, but it does seem exceptionally well designed and well made. So, yes, it's on my wish list.

    Reunion Blues website has a nice descriptive video:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/1zJVKcLAZuQ...dded&version=3

    Here are some other pictures:


    Regards,

    Knotical (aka JP)
    It is simply not possible to be ordinary and play a ukulele
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Ukulele
    Ohana Mahogany CK-20S Concert Ukulele
    Kala Makala MK-SD/PW Dolphin Bridge Soprano Ukulele, Pearl White

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    N/W Chicago
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    Standard disclaimers ~ no relation to blah, blah.

    Elderly's site didn't have a lot of pictures of it but a quick Google search not only located more pictures but also a video on this page of a Fender Strat being thrown off a roof in a similar Reunion Blues case.

    Twice.

    Does my $99 ukulele need a $130 (with shipping) gig bag? Probably not, but it does seem exceptionally well designed and well made. So, yes, it's on my wish list.


    Here are some other pictures:

    Slick but there's no place to hang your pitons, cams and water bottle.
    Mainland Mango Concert and Red Cedar Soprano, Kala KA-ASKS Soprano, KoAloha Concert, Boat Paddle Tenor, Moore Bettah Tenor, Boat Paddle Mseries Baritone

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Looks like Elderly has a tenor version of this bag now. If I had more than one tenor sized uke I'd consider it but I already have a nice bag for mine: http://elderly.com/accessories/items/RBCONT-TENUKE.htm

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC , USA
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Uke Republic got some in & I bought the tenor case for my LoPrinzi Tenor. And... we tried out a couple of other ukes for the interested. Haolejohn's KoAloha Super Concert in a tenor case & a Big Island concert in the concert size. GREAT case!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •