Ukulele Underground Theme Song Revisited!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

Does anyone remember this thread?

Basics, someone suggested we all write a theme song for UU. People replied with videos of themselves doing songs with a mention of UU or about UU and then the thread slipped down and was probably forgotten about.

Now, you know that I have written, I think 4 original songs, three of which I have posted here, the fourth I still can't get to sound good because of awkward chords (yes I wrote the chords, so I made it hard on myself...silly Joey!) Anyway, the point is that I'm the kind of person who likes to sing (doesn't matter to me that I suck!) and change the words to existing music or make up a new tune with new words, rarely do they make it to the "let's add chords" stage. Since reading that thread I have been playing around with the idea of doing a UU Theme Song, and this is what I came up with!

I'm happy to post the chords and such in case anyone is interested to trying to play it better than I managed (I wrote it like an hour ago and then practised it until I felt I could record, and even then it took me like 6 takes!) as I know my video is very rough! Constructive crit on how it could be improved is welcomed, as is feedback.

I also would just like to say that I dedicated the song to the makers of UU - Aldrine, Rayan, & Aaron - who wished to "grow the next generation of Ukulele players" - you're doing a great job and you do so much for us, and sometimes I feel like you don't get enough people saying that! SO THANK YOU!!! I, for one, would not be the Ukulele player I am without you guys and this website.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the song, if you want the chords, feel free to ask, but be aware that it's now 22:!5 and I have to get to bed once this has posted!

Thanks for watching!

Joey

Top Bottom