Online Open Mic Partays

bornagainjeeper

Reaction score
Hey folks...I'm looking for fresh blood....

We have a webcam based "open mic" of sorts nearly every evening, open to all...all you need is a webcam and mic to participate, or you may simply watch and enjoy the chat...

http://uuminijams.blogspot.com/

How it works... Once your webcam is on you should see yourself (and others if its busy) on the screen... If you hover over the picture of YOURSELF with your mouse, two icons will appear on the screen...One has a Mic the other a camera...As soon as you enter please click the mic icon, this will mute yourself. If you want to pause for any reason you can click the camera...

When....We meet most nights around 9:00-10:00pm Central US time, However the site is always up and doesn't require any set up, so non Mainland US, and others could use it during the other half of the day no problem. There is no Set schedual, sometimes only 2 or three people show up, often more like 4-12...Don't get discouraged if you don't see anyone your first time, try again the next day!

Why...We've had this UU Minijam running for nearly 3 years now, and its proved a WONDERFUL experience and tool for guided practice, suggestion, friendship, and countless other things....I can speak from experience that, the first time you choose to play (which you will be encouraged to do!) it can be terrifying....But no better way to widdle away your gitters than a little at a time from the comfort of your own home....The minijams is open to ALLLL skill levels...from the first day you start on...More experienced players are HAPPY to answer questions... or give solicited advice, but the Minijam is a no negativity zone...We aim to keep everything constructive and criticism only when asked for...Its a hang out, not a bootcamp!

I hope you'll join us...I'll be on this evening starting at 9:30 Central Time, Come on out introduce yourself...and ENJOY!

Here's the link again
http://uuminijams.blogspot.com/

see ya'll soon

Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesomeawesomeawesomeawesome!

I never have to get any work done again, ever, for the rest of my life. As long as I can afford an internet connection and a new ipad2... and maybe one or two more ukuleles... my life is complete.

Thanks, from Alaska...

Sounds great, I'll have to get a web cam & mic. Can I just watch eventho I have no cam or mic?

As someone who has benefitted from FAR more than he's added to the minijams over the past year, I can tell you...

If you want to get better? Do these. Come join us in the jams, start your own, whatever... just come do them.
They are AMAZING and will absolutely make you a better player.

The help you get from folks, the minilessons, tips and tricks... heck, even just watching someone play helps!

I can't recommend them enough!

when are you guys gonna have another jam sesh?

when I bought my zoom Q3 I thought I could use it as a web cam also but I can't. Can you guys recommend a decent CHEAP webcam that I could use for this? I see some on the internet for less than $20. worth it, or do I need to invest a bunch of money?

last night was my first visit , it was a lot of fun, lot of great performances, thanks for the hospitality all! :)

Top Bottom