Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Koaloha Ukulele design GAMBALELE

Default New Koaloha Ukulele design GAMBALELE

Made for the relief effort in Japan..... the soundhole is the fighting warrior sun flag from japan encouraging the Japanese people to fight against the disaster suffered fromnm the Tsunami and earthquake...

This is a concert size

askmusicguymic@theukulelesite.com
    musicguymic@aol.com
    theukulelesite.com
    808-927-7297 808-622-8000

hey Mike is that the price?
    Live Aloha
    ------------------------

------------------------

Looks like a silent auction to me. I suspect it'll go for more than that value of $1500 since it is an ukulele festival gala. That is a very cool ukulele.

It's a very cool design. Kind of deco cigar box.
    Since it's a special Koaloha, I know it's going to sound great, but I'd love to hear how great.

Oh that's spectacular!

Wonder if it sounds better than a well made cigar box uke made from a good quality red cedar box?

Odd choice, given some Japanese people's feelings about the Imperial flag...
    "A few chords strummed on a ukulele, enough to please a few others beside yourself, does more good in this world than the combined efforts of all the financiers and politicians that ever lived."

My YouTube channel.
    Mya-Moe Port Orford Cedar/Maple Concert
    MP Custom Zebrawood Pineapple Longneck Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by pulelehua View Post
    Not just Japanese people - my father likely would have had a pretty negative reaction to that ukulele, given he was a Navy flier in WWII and learned to associate the rising sun flag in much the same way he associated the German flag with the swastika...
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Not just Japanese people - my father likely would have had a pretty negative reaction to that ukulele, given he was a Navy flier in WWII and learned to associate the rising sun flag in much the same way he associated the German flag with the swastika...
    And oh dear - I don't want to open a can of worms with that! My dad was a great guy and part of "the Greatest Generation." He was also a kind, non-judgmental man - but he associated some very evil things done by some evil governments (NOT the people in general) with the symbols those governments chose to use...

I think I should just shut up now.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by pulelehua View Post
    I don't really know anything about the Imperial flag, but I imagine it might be a bit difficult to pattern that soundhole after the regular Japanese flag...
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

Thread Information