Video Lesson 2 - Summer Breeze

this sucks so much!!! i hate being at school, you have no f-king life!!! all you do is study, and in my case... study and fail, i have no time for anything at the moment :'( !

but i cant wait!

Great lesson indeed:D

The strum is pretty easy. Made a very short vid from it: CLICKY
Sound quality isn't great, cause I recorded it with my laptops mic and webcam. Will see if i can borrow my friends samson c01u, think that will improve the sound quite a bit.

I'm not very good in picking. So that will take some longer time, before a vid shows up from that... (don't let me start about the whole video;))

argh!! im at school till 4 in the afternoon and im watching in my business class!! hahah i want my uke right nooooow

Question

Can anyone tell if Aldrine is hammering or muting with his pinky during the strumming section of Summer Breeze?

Did I miss something.....I can't seem to find where that was explained??

haha "jo-jo" thats what my mom calls me.... my first name is joel thats y lol.

great job as always. when aldrine did the uke string email again, that got me thinking about the IAH episodes. for newcomers that know nothing about the IAH episodes, is it possible to upload them to here? with the uke giveaway, i think more people that are joining may have never heard of IAH and last time i remembered, it was kind of slow. but im also assuming theres some kind of copyright with the video footage since you guys were paid to do it for them before.

i also like that suggestion for tabbing aldrine's songs. eases off the load of writing tabs if he ever decides to. btw, does my tabbing cmj count? lol anyways great job guys, keep it up.

Can anyone tell if Aldrine is hammering or muting with his pinky during the strumming section of Summer Breeze?

He uses the pinky for muting. He uses this technique in Bandito Tyler as well as many of his other tunes.

BTW, excellent work on the lesson Aldrine.

Aldrine always uses his pinky to mute things even from his lessons in imhawaii.com he showed it on his well runs dry tutorial, the dude jus has a really strong pinky, I can't do that but hammering and jus the mute with ur strum sounds almost the same.

He uses the pinky for muting. He uses this technique in Bandito Tyler as well as many of his other tunes.

BTW, excellent work on the lesson Aldrine.

Dominator,

Thanks. When do I mute...I can't tell...it is too fast on the video:eek:??

-UKESTAR

B minor?

Is the Bm chord Aldrine uses in Summer Breeze done by just barring the entire second fret? The graphic chord thing on the video is a little confusing for this one. Anyone know??

Help on E chord

The E chord method that Aldrine shows (Summer Breeze) is really hard for me to do. For some reason, my finger that goes on the 4th fret always pushes down on the A string and it is not supposed to touch it......is there an alternate way to get the same sound or something I can do to make it work???

The E chord method that Aldrine shows (Summer Breeze) is really hard for me to do. For some reason, my finger that goes on the 4th fret always pushes down on the A string and it is not supposed to touch it......is there an alternate way to get the same sound or something I can do to make it work???

I'm not sure if it's actually easier for other people, but when I play the E chord, I use my ring finger to bar the 2nd-4th strings instead of squeezing 2 or 3 fingers in ther for those 3 strings. I'm not sure if my fingers are double jointed or what, but it's much easier for me to play the E chord that way and also easier to transition in and out of the E chord. It IS one of the most challenging chord shapes though.

I have the same problem with barring the 4th fret with the ring finger to make an E chord. My finger just simply doesn't bend backwards like Aldrine's finger does. I've been playing for a while though so if I really needed to I could do it. But I end up just barring the whole 4th fret and muting the A string. Doing it this way, you miss out on one of the notes, but it isn't too noticable.

Top Bottom