Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Lesson 2 - Summer Breeze

haha yep so this is a fun song to play. i just finished watching the video and 15 minutes later made a little video of me playin it. sorry tho i can't sing haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRXIDBLLZFQ

formerly kapa'a, kauai but now mainland,WA

is there like a zshare link for this vid becuase i woul like to download it and put it on my ipod

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
    He uses the pinky for muting. He uses this technique in Bandito Tyler as well as many of his other tunes.

BTW, excellent work on the lesson Aldrine.
    Dominator,

Thanks. When do I mute...I can't tell...it is too fast on the video??

-UKESTAR

Question B minor?

Is the Bm chord Aldrine uses in Summer Breeze done by just barring the entire second fret? The graphic chord thing on the video is a little confusing for this one. Anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by UKESTAR View Post
    Is the Bm chord Aldrine uses in Summer Breeze done by just barring the entire second fret? The graphic chord thing on the video is a little confusing for this one. Anyone know??
    yep... its actually a Bm7, but it usually works whenever tou need a Bm.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    yep... its actually a Bm7, but it usually works whenever tou need a Bm.
    Gracias amigo..

just watched it through, perfect as always... keep em coming!

Question Help on E chord

The E chord method that Aldrine shows (Summer Breeze) is really hard for me to do. For some reason, my finger that goes on the 4th fret always pushes down on the A string and it is not supposed to touch it......is there an alternate way to get the same sound or something I can do to make it work???

Quote Originally Posted by UKESTAR View Post
    The E chord method that Aldrine shows (Summer Breeze) is really hard for me to do. For some reason, my finger that goes on the 4th fret always pushes down on the A string and it is not supposed to touch it......is there an alternate way to get the same sound or something I can do to make it work???
    I'm not sure if it's actually easier for other people, but when I play the E chord, I use my ring finger to bar the 2nd-4th strings instead of squeezing 2 or 3 fingers in ther for those 3 strings. I'm not sure if my fingers are double jointed or what, but it's much easier for me to play the E chord that way and also easier to transition in and out of the E chord. It IS one of the most challenging chord shapes though.

I have the same problem with barring the 4th fret with the ring finger to make an E chord. My finger just simply doesn't bend backwards like Aldrine's finger does. I've been playing for a while though so if I really needed to I could do it. But I end up just barring the whole 4th fret and muting the A string. Doing it this way, you miss out on one of the notes, but it isn't too noticable.

Thread Information