Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video Lesson 2 - Summer Breeze

Quote Originally Posted by CI24 View Post
    is there like a zshare link for this vid becuase i woul like to download it and put it on my ipod
    Just download it using a service like viddownloader or keepvid.

If you use mac and use safari, you can use the activity window to look at everything that is loaded on the webpage. you will be able to see the video, just hold down option and double click to download.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GX9901 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's actually easier for other people, but when I play the E chord, I use my ring finger to bar the 2nd-4th strings instead of squeezing 2 or 3 fingers in ther for those 3 strings. I'm not sure if my fingers are double jointed or what, but it's much easier for me to play the E chord that way and also easier to transition in and out of the E chord. It IS one of the most challenging chord shapes though.

That is the issue...my fingers don't bend.......at all. I always need to find away around these types of chords.........thanks though.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
    I have the same problem with barring the 4th fret with the ring finger to make an E chord. My finger just simply doesn't bend backwards like Aldrine's finger does. I've been playing for a while though so if I really needed to I could do it. But I end up just barring the whole 4th fret and muting the A string. Doing it this way, you miss out on one of the notes, but it isn't too noticable.

Thanks man....I will try that...sounds more manageable for fingers that don't bend backwards.

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

The tutorial is basically a watered down version of the one that i do on YouTube. If you guys want the same strumming as the one in the video, then I suggest that you keep strumming even during the chunks so that you get that percussive sound. I use the 2 finger roll a lot in this one. I might do a recap on the 2 finger roll for this website. I really feel that that technique is VERY useful, especially when trying to get that percussive feel.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
    I have the same problem with barring the 4th fret with the ring finger to make an E chord. My finger just simply doesn't bend backwards like Aldrine's finger does. I've been playing for a while though so if I really needed to I could do it. But I end up just barring the whole 4th fret and muting the A string. Doing it this way, you miss out on one of the notes, but it isn't too noticable.
    Actually, if you're muting the A string your not really missing the note...that same note (B, in this case) is being played on the G string. If you need to use that note as a melody note during the strum, you could always just hold it that way and upstrum.

Question triplet vs. down up chunk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrine Guerrero View Post
    The tutorial is basically a watered down version of the one that i do on YouTube. If you guys want the same strumming as the one in the video, then I suggest that you keep strumming even during the chunks so that you get that percussive sound. I use the 2 finger roll a lot in this one. I might do a recap on the 2 finger roll for this website. I really feel that that technique is VERY useful, especially when trying to get that percussive feel.
    I am doing the "Jake triplet into a chunk" instead of the down up chunk...for whatever reason, it is easier for me....sounds about the same, but with a twist.......what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Keonikapila View Post
    Actually, if you're muting the A string your not really missing the note...that same note (B, in this case) is being played on the G string. If you need to use that note as a melody note during the strum, you could always just hold it that way and upstrum.
    Oh yeah haha good point.

Oh wow. I had wondered where this video lesson was, but was too embarassed to ask. Then I found it through Dom's site. How did I not know that there was an actual "website" part of UU? Sweet! This made my day.

Cool

I had alot of trouble doing that chord too.

With my 1st finger barring the 2nd fret, my 3rd finger would always hit the A string at the 4th fret.
    The solution that I came up with is this:

I use my first finger on the A string at the 2nd fret, and then I have enough room for my 3rd finger to bar the G,C, and E strings.

It took some practice ( about 2 hours ) to get it right without accidently muting the A string, but now I can do it, and I am ( when I have time ) working on putting it all together.

By the way, good job Terrell, no worries about the picking, practice makes perfect.

Aloha
    Acabooe ( pronounced: Ah Kah Bow Oh Ay )

Heya I just recorded my attempt to play this. Since I'm very weak at strumming and strumming patterns. I was very thankful for this lesson. Special thanks for keeping the strumming easy (no power pinky yea ). Since I never heared the original version of this song I added an alternative ending. (please don't kill me ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e65qxsUVCDk
    Last edited by Ikaru; 02-17-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Thread Information