Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Koaloha Concert KCM-00

Default Looking for Koaloha Concert KCM-00

Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a bit and wanted to know if anyone has a used/ someone knows where to get a good Koaloha Concert.

If i had more money i would go all out for a new one ,but unfortunately I dont have that much :l

There's one here right now for $550 shipped w/ case, but it's got geared tuners on it. I don't know if that's a plus or a minus for you. You can also email Koaloha directly and see if they can get you a factory second.

Personally, I'm looking to get one from musicguymic, who's selling them again.

Quote Originally Posted by crowsby View Post
    There's one here right now for $550 shipped w/ case, but it's got geared tuners on it. I don't know if that's a plus or a minus for you. You can also email Koaloha directly and see if they can get you a factory second.

Personally, I'm looking to get one from musicguymic, who's selling them again.
    I wonder how the balance is...I like the new ones because they have Koaloha engraved into the bridge....I just got mine June 2011

I emailed the lady selling it; apparently the geared tuners were put on at the Koaloha factory at the previous owner's request. So they'd be whatever brand Koaloha was using at the time, I'd imagine.

Hmm.....they don't look like the Koaloha factory geared tuners, which are sealed. They do look like Grovers...nothing wrong with that.

Acoustic Vibes in Arizona has a used one now 2008 vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by UkeKid32 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a bit and wanted to know if anyone has a used/ someone knows where to get a good Koaloha Concert.

If i had more money i would go all out for a new one ,but unfortunately I dont have that much :l
    Larry from Delaware
    Kanile'a T-1 Deluxe, Islander MT-4
    2000 Collings D1 (Canon), 1993 Larrivee OM-09 cedar top (Lady), Taylor GA-3 12 string, Martin 00C-16DB
    Carvin LB-20 fretless bass

dam! satin finish

also that super concert looks real nice
    Last edited by DreamerZz; 07-21-2011 at 03:32 AM.

I have a near-mint Koaloha KCM-00 with curly koa that I bought from Larry's Music in Kapaa 1 1/2 year ago. It has a beautiful clear tone that I fell in love with in the store. For reasons I don't fully understand, I just like my old Koaloha Concert Pikake more, even though it has much plainer koa and has a finish crack on the back. I can post pictures later tonight if your interested.

sent you a pm

McCabes in Santa Monica had a 2009 in near perfect condition for $500 a few days ago, if I wasn't hunting for a long neck soprano I would have bought it.
    The crew:
    Ohana SK-30L, Mele Mahogany Tenor, Mainland Cedar Pinappple Concert,
    Kanilea Tenor K-1SF, Ken Timms Style-O Baby!, Black Bear Koa Concert,
    MyaMoe MG Myrtle Classic Tenor

Thread Information