new uke day!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

Reaction score
The newest member of my ukulele family is a "Singing" Treholipee!

I was led to it by this craigslist post:

4 foot long ukelele - $50 (hillsboro)

4 ft. long uke made in the 60's in san clemente ca. called a "treholipee",very good cond.,no longer made,one just sold on ebay for $150. asking $50 obo call XXX-XXX-XXXX (cell)

treholipee1.jpgtreholipee2.jpg

Just drove out to the seller's house, made sure all the tuners work, and brought this crazy thing home! It's sounding quite groovy. I am bumping into something everytime I strap it on. Hehee. My first tenor is the weirdest tenor ever---whee!!!!

Aloha Ralf,
Congratulations...what a score...seen them on but they were beat up...this one looks in good condition and a great price..good goings..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Hey Ralf! That's a ripper mate. Awesome condition. Total bargain and a brilliant score!!! :) Tried to buy one of them once but the shipping charges to Oz were just too crazy, even for me...he he

Happy New Ukes Day! I agree we need more pictures and a sound sample! :D

Looks like the Polkalele that used to be sold by Polk Brothers here in Chicagoland. There are tons of them out here. It's hard to go to an antique shop that doesn't have one.

Dan

Nice Score! You got a great price and yellow is WAY less common than other colors. I have a red one and it is a lot of fun! Mine needed new strings so I used Worth tenor strings since they come in double legnth. Now, try not to put your eye out!

Enjoy!!

Happy New Ukes Day! I agree we need more pictures and a sound sample! :D

Hopefully I'll have time for pictures and a quick recording this weekend!

The Treholipee is sounding very nice tuned to B flat. And the nearly square neck is strangely not uncomfortable. And yes, I giggle every time I look at the headstock when I play it.

<Groundskeeper Willie> MADNESS I tell ye! Its MADNESS! </Groundskeeper Willie>

Top Bottom