Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vineyard Ukulele

Default Vineyard Ukulele

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or is playin a vineyard ukulele. Oround my area ukuleles arent a big item and kinda hard to find. the local sam ash and guitar center has a few and the other ma and pa shops have some. but not a real big selection to choose from. I found one that sounded nice, it was a vineyard zebra wood concert. just wondeing about the long term quality.

thanx much,
    Howlie boy

havn't heard of them before, but looking at pics of them on google, they look nice.

Talking bump

Bump for more input..

Default I've seen one

I saw one at the guitar store down the street. They had a few. They had a triangle shaped one that sounded awful. A mahogany laminate that sounded nice until I picked up the Koa Laminate next to it which sounded much louder and nice. It was $249, but in Maine I haven't found anything to really compare it to. I liked it, but I'm think I'm looking for a solid wood uke. but I have yet to find one around here.

Howlie, hey I'm in Lakewood too. I've seen some of those vineyard ukes. Seen it at Morey's music actually, on woodruff and del amo. From what I got from the salesman is that they are made in china. Didn't get a chance to try it out. But I don't expect too much from them, I only saw concert or soprano sizes. You should check out AlleyKat music. It's in Cypress, right across Cypress college. Went their today to pick up some strings. They had a couple of kamakas in assorted sizes. As well as some lanikai's and pono's. I strummed a spruce tenor pono, I was really impressed with it. It had really good sound. I'm looking for a tenor to string Low G, and I might have to get it. It was selling for $439. You might want to check out Island Bazaar in huntington beach, I heard about it from ukuleleplaya on here, but I never personally checked it out.

I have been highly recommend to buy this one.
    Also check out the bushman jennys. they are bang for your buck aswell!!

For what it's worth, the information that I've gathered suggests that Vineyard, Ohana, and Bushman ukes are one and the same. They come from the same assembly lines. They're just badged differently.

Thumbs up In Lakewood too...

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPeaNutZ View Post
    Howlie, hey I'm in Lakewood too. I've seen some of those vineyard ukes. Seen it at Morey's music actually, on woodruff and del amo. From what I got from the salesman is that they are made in china. Didn't get a chance to try it out. But I don't expect too much from them, I only saw concert or soprano sizes. You should check out AlleyKat music. It's in Cypress, right across Cypress college. Went their today to pick up some strings. They had a couple of kamakas in assorted sizes. As well as some lanikai's and pono's. I strummed a spruce tenor pono, I was really impressed with it. It had really good sound. I'm looking for a tenor to string Low G, and I might have to get it. It was selling for $439. You might want to check out Island Bazaar in huntington beach, I heard about it from ukuleleplaya on here, but I never personally checked it out.
    Thats were i saw them were at morey's music. i talked to the guy and he said they have some lanakai's on shippment and should be in in about a week. i think thats what im going to wait for.

Were you at in lakewood, Oh and thatnks for the alley cats place i think ill check them out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiyoDad View Post
    For what it's worth, the information that I've gathered suggests that Vineyard, Ohana, and Bushman ukes are one and the same. They come from the same assembly lines. They're just badged differently.
    Sorry for the multi post, didnt read this comments. The guy at the music shop told me that they were the same as another bigger company but he couldnt remember the name. he said it would be like Gmc and chevy (car companies) they are the same company but work under different budgets.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by ChiyoDad View Post
    Isn't Stagg made on the same line as those?

Thread Information