Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piano Forte

Default Piano Forte

It was pointed out recently that I hadn't yet made a sound sample with my Breedlove American Series tenor (solid spruce top, solid sapele back & sides). I had a little time this evening so I recorded Jake Shimabukuro's "Piano Forte." Those finger stretches are absolutely killer which meant really sloppy playing by the time I got this take down.

Last edited by Nuprin; 07-25-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Beautiful Chris. How would you rank your collection now?
    Aloha,
    Ronnie

Nicely done, Nuprin!

I must admit I expected you to be another person. My husband had a good friend who called himself a nuprin... little... yellow... different, like the OTC med calls itself. He was Asian, short, and definitely out there.

Don't see no sloppiness anywhere! Good job chris!

Btw, no offence to you and the lovely Breedlove, but to my ears it does sound abit...'Thin'. Is that just the mic?
    The ukulele will one day take over the world.

Well, it's now 100% Wixom ukuleles.

Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    But here's my youtube,
    so visit maybe?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidson?feature=mhee

Great job mate, I know how hard that tune is to play. When I did it I had to play on my concert as the streches where a killer. You made it look easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/errol4bz
    http://leroy4bz.blogspot.com/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Aloha View Post
    Beautiful Chris. How would you rank your collection now?
    The Moore Bettah definitely stands above them all. I've recently tuned my MP to low G so that's getting a good amount of play...I think I would place the Breedlove on the same level as the MP.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    Nicely done, Nuprin!

I must admit I expected you to be another person. My husband had a good friend who called himself a nuprin... little... yellow... different, like the OTC med calls itself. He was Asian, short, and definitely out there.
    A friend of mine from college started calling me that. I'm 1/2 Asian and 5'6". Whether or not I'm different...I don't know, I have a strange sense of humor...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxy View Post
    Don't see no sloppiness anywhere! Good job chris!

Btw, no offence to you and the lovely Breedlove, but to my ears it does sound abit...'Thin'. Is that just the mic?
    After listening to it again, it does sound fuller and richer than it does in person. My roommates were walking loudly upstairs and you could hear the thud of their footsteps on the recording. I put a low cut filter on it to try and filter out their steps...looks like I went a little too far and filtered out some of the uke's low end.

At some point I'll have to make another recording of it...just have to make sure my roommates aren't home when I do so I don't have to deal with their noise.

Edit: It didn't sound nearly as full as it should...I did a real quick remix and got it sounding closer to what it sounds like in reality. I have reposted the video in the first post. If you listen closely you can hear my roommates footsteps upstairs. THUD THUD THUD. Damn they're loud.
    Last edited by Nuprin; 07-25-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Hey Nup! I haven't seen this vid from you....but you did well man! With my small fingers, for sure I won't play this song on a tenor!!!

As for the Breedlove, the sound seems to be a little bit dry. It might be the mic or recording too but, sound doesn't seems to pop out of the uke. I don't find it comparable to your MP.....I think MP ukes have much more ''soul''

Nice playing once again.

Talk to you soon!
    http://soundcloud.com/baouke/ : ukulele mixed with some electro-ambient lap steel music.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/baouke : anything about ukulele, lap slide ukulele, dulcimer, shahi baaja or mountain dulcimer

[QUOTE=fumanshu;735460]Hey Nup! I haven't seen this vid from you....but you did well man! With my small fingers, for sure I won't play this song on a tenor!!!

We all have the short asian finger syndrome!!! String it low G and use the 4th string instead of 3rd string So much easier!!

Beautiful uke and great playing as usual! Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information