New Ukulele day! Kala.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
OK, thank you for the advice first of all on "choosing between 5 ukes". Your help was greatly appreciated. Onto the short list. I was unsure of the Pono's frets after reading through the thread several times. The Kenile'a is going on the wish list for later as it was stretching my budget, also the guitar i sold sadly made less than i anticipated.

I chose the Kala KA-ASACC solid Acacia concert ukulele. It arrived today at 5.45PM, i thought it would be tomorrow but nope, late delivery :). I got a cracking deal from a shop in Glasgow which trades through eBay. I had a chat with the shop owner over the phone (number detailed in listing) nice guy, very helpful and a great price beating SUS and Duke of Uke. All set up with case.

I haven't been playing ukulele long enough to give a detailed review but as a long time guitar player i can say the build is perfect, no mistakes or shoddy workmanship also it's set up with nice action. My huge worry after having to work on the Lanikai was intonation, that was the first thing i checked. I'm happy to report it is spot on.

All that is left is the pic's. I used a small cloth to protect it underneath as i took the photos. :p

Last edited:
P1040328.jpg

P1040323.jpg

P1040325.jpg

P1040324.jpg

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Looks like you found a beautiful ukulele; I'm betting it sounds beautiful as well.

Awesome! Aloha & congratulations, beautiful ukulele. Happy strumming!

Aloha Uk3player78!
Congratulations on your new Kala ukulele! She is a beauty. I have her bigger sister, the KA-ASAC-T with a Shadow SH 1110-UK passive pickup installed (I plan to install the Mi-Si Trio by December). You will enjoy her even more while she opens up as she is made from solid acacia wood.

Mason671

Beautiful! Happy New Uke Day! :D

Would love to know how it sounds when you have a chance to record!

Thanks for sharing :D

Joey :music:

Wow that is a beauty!!!! Have tons of fun playing!!!!
Congratulations!

Very nice indeed. Now I am jonesing after one of those.............doh!

I too have been considering buying this Uke. Money issues do not allow it but I think I'll go for it when I can. Please fill us in on how you find it as you go along!! And congrats, hope you enjoy it.

Cheers -F

Top Bottom