Ukulele Flash Mob....needs Mobsters

Elainede

Reaction score
OK. We have an Ukulele Flash Mob in the works, to take place at Oxbow Public Market, in Napa, California, on Friday August 12. We need mobsters! King Kukulele will be leading the mob, choosing the song and assigning the key. So as soon as I have all that information, I will post it here.

The flash mob is, of course, generally a secret. But there is an event at Oxbow that day to draw in a crowd:

Oxbow Public Market and Judd's Hill Winery present

Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow

King Kukulele to Perform on Friday, August 12, 2011, Oxbow Public Market in Downtown Napa

Proceeds to Benefit the Napa Valley Youth Symphony​

Judd and Holly Finkelstein of Judd's Hill Winery, along with Oxbow Public Market present "Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow", a special polynesian evening on Friday, August 12th, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the popular public market in downtown, Napa, CA. The evening includes a special appearance and performance on the Oxbow River Deck by the incomparable King Kukulele, polynesian themed specials offered by Oxbow merchants, a raffle for a performance quality ukulele provided by the Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival, vintage beach and polynesian clothing for sale, and other exciting surprises during this inaugural polynesian evening event at Oxbow Public Market. Proceeds from "Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow" will benefit the Napa Valley Youth Symphony and their upcoming trip to eastern Europe in 2012.

Admission to the family-friendly "Uke-A-Palooza at Oxbow" is FREE. For more information or to learn more about Oxbow Public Market, please visit www.oxbowpublicmarket.com

Stay tuned, I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't know if I can make it, but not out of the question. I'll stay tuned for updates.
I love the flash mob idea.
Don

Hahahaha! Awesome! I'll be in SD, but I'll spread the word.

Here's the scoop:

Aloha! There will be fantastic, action-packed evening of ukulele entertainment on Friday, August 12 at Oxbow Market in Napa. Details are below, but we want you for our TOP SECRET MISSION: UKULELE FLASH MOB! To participate all you need is your ukulele, all skill levels are welcome. King Kukulele will be the leader of the Flash Mob.

To learn the song that you'll be joining in on, please have a look at this exclusive video made by King K. for your eyes only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsAx9-XUODE

Please arrive at Oxbow Market no later than 6:30pm as we want to have a crowd in place when the signal is given to begin at 6:45pm. At that time, King Kukulele will jump up upon a table in the main marketplace hall and begin strumming. Your signal to whip out your ukulele (please arrive with it concealed in a shopping bag/under a coat/hidden and inconspicuous however you can) will be when he throws his ukulele which is attached to a bungee cord. Once that happens, get out your ukulele and begin strumming and singing along. King Kukulele will keep the song going and then lead all the uke strummers in a parade around the music hall and then out onto the riverside patio where the rest of the evening's entertainment will take place outside amongst the tiki torches and fireplace.

Feel free to pass this along to all your ukulele playing friends. To your non-ukulele playing pals, let 'em know to come down to Oxbow for a fantastic night of merriment (a flash mob should be kept secret!).

There will be food and wine specials at Oxbow as well as a vintage aloha-wear marketplace. Tons of fun to be had for sure and it'll be a benefit for the Napa Valley Youth Symphony. Looking forward to strumming with you soon!

Some folks were having trouble figuring out the chords and lyrics from the video. So here's link to a download of Hawaiian War Chant that might be helpful.

Hope some of you can make it! I don't want to be parading around Oxbow Market with King Kukulele all by myself!

Last edited:
I didnt know what a flash mob was intil I came across a vid on youtube the otehr day of dancers. that soounds like an awsomely fun event with ukuleles to intro a performance. I hope you will post a video of it. have a great time all!

Top Bottom