Song Help Request Can anyone transfer sheet music into an Ukulele Tab?

joeybug

Reaction score
I've found the sheet music for the Doctor Who Theme I was looking for, but don't know how to convert that into tabs, or even chords, the sheet music is here and I tried converting an existing guitar tab into ukulele tabs, but it didn't sound right. I also tried getting the chords from WS64'S awesome video, but that didn't work either, so I'm kinda stuck!

I'm trying to work it out so I can learn to play it for a surprise for my SO for his birthday in January. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

Joey :music:

P.S Mods, wasn't sure if I should make this a separate post or not, so I did and sorry if it was wrong!

with sibelius you can.

Wow, that music notation is pretty advanced looking! It looks like it spans many octaves, which is more than a uke can handle without jumping up or down an octave when you run out of notes. It might be easier for most of us to figure it out by ear. Do you have an audio or video of the theme? I am sure someone here has figured it out already.

–Lori

Wow, that music notation is pretty advanced looking! It looks like it spans many octaves, which is more than a uke can handle without jumping up or down an octave when you run out of notes. It might be easier for most of us to figure it out by ear. Do you have an audio or video of the theme? I am sure someone here has figured it out already.

–Lori

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU10wYvr8Vk

That's WS64's video, but I tried to watch and work it out and just couldn't! If you can, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I can do it for you...give me a couple days.
It looks like there are parts for 2 different instruments....are you looking for a solo arrangement? .....it's possible if you are experienced with guitar pro or other tab program.Basically you can find in the edit tab of guitar pro an option called voices.you can put them in separately on one uke tab by switching the tuning back and forth from one octave to another.it's a lot of busy work,but it can be done.I have transcribed some pretty complicated finger style guitar tabs to uke tabs this way.

I can do it for you...give me a couple days.
It looks like there are parts for 2 different instruments....are you looking for a solo arrangement? .....it's possible if you are experienced with guitar pro or other tab program.Basically you can find in the edit tab of guitar pro an option called voices.you can put them in separately on one uke tab by switching the tuning back and forth from one octave to another.it's a lot of busy work,but it can be done.I have transcribed some pretty complicated finger style guitar tabs to uke tabs this way.

I think I have some one who can do it already, but thank you for the offer! :D

or, learn it by ear from the video. It has a nice arrangement.

I tried looking at the video in slow mo and copying the chords, but I don't know enough about chords up the next, I mean some of them, I could tell what they were by fingering, but others were a blur and I just couldn't work them out, will have to train my ears some more :D

Thanks for the advice!

Did you ever get this figured out? I was curious about how to play it as well, and I'm about halfway through tabbing it out.

joeybug,

I was PMing with chiefnoda recently about some of his transcriptions and he mentioned that he had transcribed WS64's arrangement for you. Did you get it? I think this was around the time you went into the hospital.

Top Bottom