Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Worth ukulele strings?

Default Anyone use Worth ukulele strings?

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone uses Worth strings i saw some on ebay for like 14.95 per pack and the seller claims that the strings packed inside are long enough to make 2 sets of strings. but anywayz I just want to know how it's working for you guys.
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

I'm a big fan of Worth strings. I switched over to Worth from Aquila.

I've tried all the different clear and brown tensions and settled on the Brown Strongs for my ukes. And the seller's telling the truth, the strings are long enough for two sets.

I tried some aquila wounds, i didnt really like it cuz it was distending for more than a week so i assumed something wasnt right, just went back to GHS wounds, tho the aquila sound really good when they arent always losing tune. I'll be sure to try some worths when i have the chance. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele_Junkie View Post
    I tried some aquila wounds, i didnt really like it cuz it was distending for more than a week so i assumed something wasnt right, just went back to GHS wounds, tho the aquila sound really good when they arent always losing tune. I'll be sure to try some worths when i have the chance. Thanks for the reply.
    What do you mean by "wounds"? Tenor string sets can have one wound string (the C string) and if using low G then 2 wound strings but not all wound. Just curious.

I use Worth clear tenor strings and really like them. Aquilla Nylgut strings sound good but I don't like the string noise they produce and my nails of the right hand nick them up within hours of playing a new set. Then they feel real rough.
    --------------------------------------
    Dominator

Dominator Ukulele Tabs
    Dominator on MySpace
    Dominator on Youtube
    --------------------------------------
    Practice Makes Practice Perfect

haha sorry Dom i use GHS C string wound. i have a tendency of puttin an "s" on certain words for some reason, oh by the way thanks for puttin that contest info on your site. I went on there this morning and I was like yeah maybe i should sign up for the forum, and now here I am.
    Last edited by Ukulele_Junkie; 02-04-2008 at 05:59 PM.

i have to ask a stupid question, whats the difference between strings?

thats not a stupid question. all i know is some sound brighter than others and the way they resonate through the uke, but dont take it from me i think a ukulele veteran should be able to answer that question more thoroughly.

^ thanks. Any advice is good and you do sound correct

thats right guys.
    i also tryed worth. they are bright and clear; not bad, but i played longer -> they cutting in my fingertips. not so good.
    i try to test other nylon strings this summer instead of daddario guitar strings (ej46).
    will see if other can hold the goodness.

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

I have tried worth strings. Both the brown and the clear.

The brown ones really sounded dead to me and didn't resonate as much as I had hoped it would. I tried the clear ones and I liked them a lot better. They are like a skinnier version of the D'Addario strings.
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Thread Information