Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Anyone use Worth ukulele strings?

which Worth - brown or clear...??

Cool

Brown or clear whatever looks good on the ukulele

Just got them today. I called on my lunch and the shipment came.. so I ditched lunch to go home and get them. I had time to replace the high g for the worth low g and had to shoot back to work till midnight. Got to replace them all around 1 am. The A string was the hardest. I had to knot the tip cause as I was tuning there was not enough friction and that string came and shot me in the finger so hard. I placed the string back on after the knot on the tip and started to tune again and it slipped on my tuning peg and shot me on the other side of the finger. I though I was going to faint for a second from the pain. ha ha ha I tucked a small amount of string down my peg so that as I started to wind the coils would catch the excess and hold the string on that side. Worked like a charm. I cannot put my uke down. The sound is so clean and bright. I started experimenting with banjo fingerpicks awhile ago, but am afraid to at this hour as it will vibrate threw the whole house. I tried to have no expectations and these strings are so much better then I ever thought. I purchased the clear low g as I like a crunchy bright sound. Nails that to a t and then some.
    OctopusIke? That eight fingered freak........................

Gold Tone Banjolele Deluxe
    Lanikai SMP-TCA Solid Monkey Pod Tenor Cutaway
    Kala KA-Tenor - Bone Nut and Bridge, Modified Banjo Planetary Pegs
    Mauna Loa 1930's Concert Ukulele Banjo

Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusIke?feature=mhum

Quote Originally Posted by I Ukulista View Post
    Brown or clear whatever looks good on the ukulele
    but sheriously, do you fine that if Worths DO suit the uke, then both variants invariably 'work'??

Hi all, I'm relatively new to the uke, had my Kala for about a month. It came with Aquila's on and though I liked the bright sound they got roughed up by my nails so I have tried D'Addario J71 clear nylon. They were ok although it did seem I was 'dragging' every note out the instrument. Today my order of Worth Brown BT arrived and I put them straight on, after a few hours bedding in I find they have set free the true sound of the instrument. There is a resonance and clarity that was not there before, I don't think this uke will ever sound any better than this so I am really pleased to have found the best combination. To me they seem to have a little higher tension than the D'Addario, maybe that contibutes. The tunes I am learning both sound better and make more sense (hard to explain that bit!) and the Kala now sings with a really confident sound.

I haven't tried the Worth Clear, and not likely to now I have found my ideal. Oh , and the brown looks rather smart as well.

Ken

Default Worth Strings

I recently started using Worth Harp Strings on my tenor `ukulele. But before I give you my review, you must know these things about my `ukulele before you try to make your decision.
    My `ukulele is a very unusual. It is locally made here on the island I currently live on, Maui. The manufacturer, Ken Potts, used to make `ukulele, but has recently retired, and stopped any further manufacturing. My `ukulele is made with a spruce/flamed maple combination, making it bright, yet very heavy and preventing it from producing a more projected volume. It also has Grover tuning machines on it, but for some reason, some strings come out loose, and some come out tight. I hade been using Hilo Strings all that time, which is what the `ukulele was originally constructed to.
    A friend of mine suggested I use Aquila Strings. He has the same brand of `ukulele as I do. The only difference about his, is that it's made of All Solid Koa, making his `ukulele very light. Aquila Strings sounded very nice on his `ukulele. I went to my local music store, bought some Aquila Strings, and put them on my `ukulele. That night, I had to perform. I didn't like the sound that came out of it. They were all nylon, and I put on a High-G. I then went back to using Hilo Strings.
    I went to my local music store again, last week, and I bought Worth Harp Strings. The length was of two strings. So, I cut it in half, used the first half, leaving the second for the next time I needed to change my strings. I strung my `ukulele last night, and stretched them out as well, last night. I put on all nylon strings, with a Low-G Nylon String.
    I played my `ukulele this morning, and it sounded beautiful. It sounds way better than Hilo Strings, and they allow for versatility. I am so glad that I tried these strings. Don't be discouraged. Try them. My `ukulele still has the same problem with the tuning machines, but the strings sound spectacular. They turned my old and heavy `ukulele, into a phenomenal recreation! Good Luck!!!

Manalishi Guest

I tried Worth Browns on all my ukes having used
    Aquila before,and found I prefer the sound and the
    feel of them.So I stick with them now,my string of
    choice!

Default Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrine Guerrero View Post
    I have tried worth strings. Both the brown and the clear.

The brown ones really sounded dead to me and didn't resonate as much as I had hoped it would. I tried the clear ones and I liked them a lot better. They are like a skinnier version of the D'Addario strings.
    I have to agree, I don't like the brown.
    Clear or Savarez Alliance, for my babies.

Thread Information