Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Worth ukulele strings?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrine Guerrero View Post
    I tried the clear ones and I liked them a lot better. They are like a skinnier version of the D'Addario strings.
    thats what i was thinking. i got clear worth strings when i got my uke from musicguymic and when i changed it to the ej46's, i didn't really notice any big difference. but then again, my ear isn't trained that well so it could be just me.

Default Ref ukulele strings

I have a lanikai curly koa concert ukelele.I bought it 3 years ago at the ukulele house in waikiki,I have no idea what kind of strings are on it .Can anybody clue me in? Mahalo

Bayview Township, Bayfield County, WI USA

Choice of Worth over any other string is dependent on you and your uke.
    On the sopranos & concerts I play (Kings & KoAlohas) my personal preference has been the brn Worths. Light tension on one uke, mediums on the rest. Try a set. If you like them a soprano/concert pak can string couple concert scale length ukes. These flurocarbon strings seem to settle quicker, are relatively temperature/humidity stable and last longer than the Aquilas I've used in the past. Worths come in clear & browns plus various tensions. Also, low G and reentrant.
    Noel V.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I have a lanikai curly koa concert ukelele.I bought it 3 years ago at the ukulele house in waikiki,I have no idea what kind of strings are on it .Can anybody clue me in? Mahalo
    lanikai usually like to stock with GHS strings. and thanks for all the input everyone I'm thinking of gettin a pack.
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

Default Reference ukulele strings

Mahalo for the info.This forum is awsome. .I believe I am the only person in my neck of the woods with a ukulele. So I have to learn from the internet. I still would like to learn "Song for anna " from Herb Ohta

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Mahalo for the info.This forum is awsome. .I believe I am the only person in my neck of the woods with a ukulele. So I have to learn from the internet. I still would like to learn "Song for anna " from Herb Ohta
    Dominator Tab's also has that tab but right now dominic is in the process of updating the song. so jus keep an eye for that.
    LINK
    Last edited by Ukulele_Junkie; 02-05-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrine Guerrero View Post
    I have tried worth strings. Both the brown and the clear.

The brown ones really sounded dead to me and didn't resonate as much as I had hoped it would. I tried the clear ones and I liked them a lot better. They are like a skinnier version of the D'Addario strings.
    yep, and you can string 2 ukes for the price of 1 pack!

here is a comparison that some french dude did between the ko'olau strings and worth BE's on the same model ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9F9YelMoSg

if i remember correctly from french classes in junior high... it says...

"string comparison ko'olau and worth BE mounted on two identical ukuleles, the Pono PSO"

the difference is worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    here is a comparison that some french dude did between the ko'olau strings and worth BE's on the same model ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9F9YelMoSg

if i remember correctly from french classes in junior high... it says...

"string comparison ko'olau and worth BE mounted on two identical ukuleles, the Pono PSO"

the difference is worlds.
    wow the ko'olau resonated much better while the brown worth's were kinda dry to my ear. haha it sounded like the pono soprano just ate up the notes. between the brown and the clear worth strings there should also be a big difference rite?

I've got some clear mediums on my soprano kala, and I love the sound and the feel of 'em. I'm actually planning on putting 'em on my other uke when I get around to ordering 'em...

I meant to order some today, but I got on ebay and ended up with a resonator ukulele. UAS is rough.

Thread Information