Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Ukulele: Reproduced?

Default Martin Ukulele: Reproduced?

Are C.F. Martin & Co. reproducing back their ukuleles? Just checked out their site and found out something, there's "Ukuleles - NEW" under Instrument section. Do they sell online? How about the sounds, and materials? Still similar with their vintages? Heard that vintage solid ukes would sound much better due to aging, the woods open up etc. Would be glad if someone make a review on their newly reproduced ukes.

Refer; http://www.martinguitar.com/ukuleles/index.html

Thanks!

Here's a recent discussion of Martin's S0 and S1.

Here are the New Martin ukuleles reviews I have done
    http://ukeeku.com/category/brands/martin/
    Ukulele Themed Vinyl Stickers!!
    Ukeeku Etsy Store

Not sure what you mean by "reproducing back".

They have a list of dealers on their website.

If they were actually reproducing their old ukuleles, we would be having very different conversations about them here! They are making new ones, some better than others.

Making new ones; with the same specs and sounds? I've read the review by ukeeku and listened to the audio sample produced by the S1, and it sounds just like my Ohana SK-20S (worth $149). I'm a Martin fan, but I was expecting more than that. Quite disappointing though.

I was able to try the new koa and mahogany series 2 series sop, con and tenor at summer NAMM and I thought they were very nice. Put together well and made in USA. The old ones do sound different of course , aging yes.

"It's not on a map, it's right on your lap" ~ Sailor Jim

UkeRepublic.com
    FaceBook Fan Page
    YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by khairijamian View Post
    Making new ones; with the same specs and sounds? I've read the review by ukeeku and listened to the audio sample produced by the S1, and it sounds just like my Ohana SK-20S (worth $149). I'm a Martin fan, but I was expecting more than that. Quite disappointing though.
    They are not making them with the same specs. As Uke Republic points out, the series 2 are getting some great reviews; it's not a copy of a style 2 but a re-imagining of it. The S1 and S0 are getting a different reception; I was also disappointed with the S1. The Ohana is definitely a better buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Republic View Post
    I was able to try the new koa and mahogany series 2 series sop, con and tenor at summer NAMM and I thought they were very nice. Put together well and made in USA. The old ones do sound different of course , aging yes.
    Made in USA? But on ukeeku reviews, the pictures shown that is is being made in Mexico, yes, to minimize the cost and hopefully not the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnobianchi View Post
    They are not making them with the same specs. As Uke Republic points out, the series 2 are getting some great reviews; it's not a copy of a style 2 but a re-imagining of it. The S1 and S0 are getting a different reception; I was also disappointed with the S1. The Ohana is definitely a better buy!
    Any reviews or sound samples of the Series 2? "re-imagining of it" - what a term Series 2 would definitely cost me!

Thread Information