Effects Pedals?

Chickenstein

Reaction score
I recently got an amp for my ukulele that has chorus and reverb, which I think work quite well in some things.

I was wondering if any of any of you have found any wilder effects that work on ukulele (like a flanger, delay, etc.)?

Also, anything that definitely does not not work with nylon strings?

They all work. Nylon string just means it sounds like a nylon string.
An electric signal's a signal. The effects will process the sound.

When using one of my acoustic ukes, I only usually use the built-in reverb on my acoustic amp. When I use my solid body steel string I'll add some distortion (Ibanez TS808), some reverb (Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Plus), and, for some extra fun, an Electro Harmonix Pog 2 (makes my uke sound like an organ). Fun!

I usually run a little delay on my Tenor when I amplify it. It takes away the percussiveness and adds a depth to the tone. Jus me.

I just got a Jamman Solo and I really love it. I tried out the Boss RC-30 but it was too complicated and didn't do what I wanted which is to record a short phrase (2-4 measures) then start looping so I can play over it. I also wanted to be able to save my loops so I could play them again. The Solo is perfect. Works great with my UBass too - I can record the bass line and loop it, then play the uke over it. By far the most fun pedal I have!

Top Bottom