UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

There really isn't a recipe. I just either stew tomatos myself, or find canned stewed tomatos with low to no sodium or additives. A head of cabbage, pour em in a pot, season with a little sea salt, pepper, or whatever other spices I feel need to fall in the pot (I use lots of Mrs Dash products). Add water, and cook until the cabbage is tender. Pretty much make a stew out of it. I love it myself, and like I said, you can't eat enough of that stuff to do much harm with your calories for the day.. :)... Ya might even add a little of cellery if ya feel so inclined.. That is only a calorie or two an oz.

All the canned 'stewed tomatoes' I've found have sugar (or some facsimile) added. Do you use just regular old canned tomatoes (rather than 'stewed')?

If ya can't find anything with no sugar, yes. or just fresh tomatos...

This week's update for my personal UUBL - 230.2. Down 2.4 pounds. I exercised regularly (which also made my pug very happy as he loves the treadmill), and did pretty well diet wise. I can't say I stuck to it this weekend, but limited things. This is about the best Christmas present I could have. In theory this coming week should be 'easy', but we shall see. I hope everyone else also had a healthy week.

This week's update for my personal UUBL - 230.2. Down 2.4 pounds. I exercised regularly (which also made my pug very happy as he loves the treadmill), and did pretty well diet wise. I can't say I stuck to it this weekend, but limited things. This is about the best Christmas present I could have. In theory this coming week should be 'easy', but we shall see. I hope everyone else also had a healthy week.

Great job. Keep it up.

Awesome Christine.. I didn't do too bad. I didn't count calories like I typically do every day. But, did keep my urges in check. There was allot to go wrong for sure. Had a family pot luck style Christmas meal on Christmas eve evening. I was doing allot of the cooking, but so was the bride and family that showed up. I made my famous pecan pie that everyone typically fights over, and I even had a slice of that later. Ate moderate portions of many of what was available, and sample tastes of some of the others. I stayed pretty mindful of what I was taking in. I also spread allot of it out over the afternnoon and evening, and even waited until Christmas day to sample some, so I wouldn't have an overload of caloric intake all at once, which generally results in much being automatically stored into fat. I am pretty pleased, and only gain 2 lbs over the past couple days, but that is very good considering the season, and sampling many of the confection of the season, even including a cup of eggnog, and a little bit of my favorite chocolate candy (Heath Bar). So, considering, I will take that two pounds proudly. I will drop it back off in a couple days and continue on the march to my goal weight in 2012. I am hoping by this time 2012 I can brag about another 80-100 loss for a total of 280-290 Lbs lost since my face with death a year ago. Whoot Whoot.. Can't wait.. ;)

These are tough times..... lots of goodies around, and for many of us a disruption in our exercise schedule. Work is tricky for me, I walk past a table of snacks all the time, but I literally turn my head the other way and so far so good. I'd rather save my calories for the really good stuff!

That is exactly what I do Christine. It's all about choices. I see something I really want to eat, then think about the calories, and tell myself I would rather spend those calories on something else. It's hard at first to do that, but gets easier and easier the longer you make those choices. I have a set number of calories I allow myself each day, and after a year now, can guess calories fairly accurately. So, I just know at what time of day how many calories my goal is for that specific time, and pretty much eat what I want to that stays within that range of calories. I also try to be sure there is a good balance of types of calories. I would rather eat 200 healthy calories, than 100 unhealthy calories. The first thing that comes to mind when I see something naughty is how I physically felt a year ago, and how I feels now, and how I am going to feel a year from now. It always wins over 5 minutes of bliss a bad choice might give me.

These are tough times..... lots of goodies around, and for many of us a disruption in our exercise schedule. Work is tricky for me, I walk past a table of snacks all the time, but I literally turn my head the other way and so far so good. I'd rather save my calories for the really good stuff!

Top Bottom