UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

Dang! First thing .. I forget to send my photo .. I was down this week!

Next .. Christine, I just PMed you my cell number. I will make sure you meet some ukers while you are here!

To be honest, a beer would probably be better and healthier than a diet soda anyway.. ;) Just sayin..

If your gonna be at a function, just schedule a beer or two into your diet for that day, but cutting a few calories here and there in anticipation to having a beer or two. That's what I do for a beer every now and then..

Honestly, I agree with you. A good solid beer does more for my health (and soul) than any chemical-laden diet 'soda' can ever do. I'm talkin' real beer, not that lite p**s water. Oops, my opinions are showing.

Mim must be swamped at the shop this week.. How did we do this week?

Yes, closing the shop, had a few uke orderes. A bunch of unquiries while I try to catch up. I am almost tempted to put on my site (mim will be taking no more orders until Monday... she apologizes... she just needs a few days to get her shop scrubbed down and her house back together... then she will start being an awesome uke dealer again!). Plus I have had 8 strings to set up. They are a PITA. They dont HAVE to be... but... if you dont take a lot of time with them they are hurt to play. I am off the wagon yall. Too many convienience foods. Need a good de-tox from sweets. I will have the numbers this afternoon and I will not be so unpunctual again!

OK... as a group... For Week 9 we have lost just under 265 lbs:

An Heavy Duty Industrial Washing Machine:
W4850H.jpg

A football player:

20101209pitt2_330.jpg

Worlds largest carp caught on reel and line!
120kg-giant-siamese-carp-4.jpg

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!

461 to 456. Down 5 more for this week.

I wanted to share how I tract my weight loss. I have these charts for the past year tracking my quest for health. I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself every day, unless you can look at the numbers on the scale simply as data, and not your weight, because as you can see, weight loss is not lenear. It is like a roller coaster. But, if you are successful, and stay with it, you will see that the roller coaster stays on a constant downward trend. This is what you want to see. This way, you will see platques, you will see gains, and losses. But, looking at the big picture, you will see that your weight long term goes down as long as you stay with it. Here you will see my roller coaster over the past 2 months, but from the top to the bottom you will also notice a loss for this past 2 months has been a total of 22 lbs. That is pretty dang good for a two month loss. You will also see in there a scheduled "Pizza" day. On that day, I choose, and scheduled a cheat day. I actually plan, and schedule these "cheat days" into my diet every month or two (depending on how I am doing). I ate Pizza Hut meat lovers pizza from noon through the evening spacing total calories of the pizza evenly throughout the day (200-300 at a time). It had very little effect on the overall goal, even with a small spike a couple days later. It is not a sin to do this and treat yourself every so often. The key is to do it smart, schedule it in, and excersise your exit strategy and get back at it the next day. Weight loss doesn't have to always seem as a punishment for being fat. You can still eat the things you want. It is simply controlling it, and not letting it control you.

SEPTOCT.jpg

Last edited:
lol.. Actually my friend. That is where I am at today.. Yeah, still ALOT of weight. But I had, and still have ALOT of weight to loose. If ya look at the graph on the bottom, it stops at Oct 30th (today). I am at 456 Lbs as of today. But, my trek started way before I started participating in the UUBL group. I started out a year ago in August at over 634 Lbs (178 Lbs ago). I will still be at this long after this UUBL session (at least another year). I know my issue is long term, I went into it knowing I wasn't going to wake up tomorrow thin. It's a journey, a long one in my case (a war with morbid obesity). My goal overall goal weight is 300 Lbs, another 156 lbs to go so after 14 months into this, I am a little bit over half way to my personal finish line. This is the marathon of my life (litterally). Even 300 lbs is alot to most, and is still a bit more than I should be. But remember I am a big guy, at 6'5" tall. My healthy weight when I was an athlete was 250 Lbs back in my 20s. So, at 50 now, I think I deserve to be a fat and happy 300 lbs, <grin>.

BTW: Yes, you can hire me. Good news tho, I'm cheap.. hehheh.. This is my journey, and over the past year have become a huge advocate for weight loss. No tricks, no surgeries, no "secret diets", no BS. Just straight up, taking your life by the horns and eating right and smart. It's free to everyone. I want everyone to have success. I know what it's like to lay around and wait to die, and looking forward to it. I know what is like to be dead, but still have a heart beat. It is a horrible, tourtouos and sad exsistance. If God blesses you with a heart beat, he doesn't want you to act as tho you are dead. He wants you to live the life he gave to you. He'll take you when he is ready for you. That's his call, not ours, so we have to, and need to, and it is our duty to stay alive as long as we can, and contribute. My weight loss is an open book to all who will listen, and want to do it with me. Health is free. It is a gift from God, but it is up to us to actually do something with it.

"Cheat Days"

Yeah, we have them. Some of us do it in "secret", because we don't want to be seen eating something we shouldn't. Who cares? It's our body? We either want it back, or we don't. If you don't, don't eat right. If ya do, eat right. period. I don't care if someone sees me eating a donut. If I want a donut, dammit, I'm gonna eat one. It's my body, not yours.. <grin>. That said, when you "cheat", its your decision to do so, who cares if someone sees you. The fact it was dark in the kitchen at 1am when ya snuck the donut, and no one seen ya, ya still did it, and your body is going to react or not. So, why hide it. Eat the damn donut in broad daylight, enjoy it, and smile at someone who is looking at you (but knock the confectionate sugar off your chin first). ;)

That said, call it cheating if ya want, but, it is one of our pleasures to treat ourselves. If we do each and everything in our lives we are supposed to, guess what, we all die in the end anyway. Die happy. But, being truly happy is really living a healthy life, and enjoying your time on this earth that God had given you. If part of that enjoyment is stealing a donut every so often, then steal the donut and enjoy it, then move on back to your regularly scheduled diet. If done smart, and with some forethought and even planning (yes, make it premeditated), it won't even matter to your thighs. My chart, and actually my life over the past year is proof of that. If ya want to see 14 months of charts, I'll gladly show em to ya. I'll even show you my diary of every single calorie I stuffed in my mouth in the past year. You will be shocked that it isn't all, or barely any of it is considered "diet" food. It is regular food we all buy at our local grocery store. No fads, no "secret plans" no nothing. It is just food. Real food. The key word here is "REAL" food. Not the processed crap, chemicals and fake foods. That my fat friends is what is killing us, not the food. It's all the crap industry puts in it to make it more convenient, or the ability to sit on a grocery shelf for 4 months while it waits for you to eat it. On top of that, all the other crap and chemicals you put on it yourselves when you prepare it. My food is fresh, real food, as raw and as close to it's original form as you can get it. If ya don't garden or hunt, you do depend on the industry some. But, the key is to buy your food as close to as it was in nature as you can. As "whole" as you can. Buy meat from a individual butcher you trust, not Wal-Mart, or even Kroger (sorry to my son whom works in the Kroger meat dept). I don't care if the meat is a little "gray" or not as red as it is displayed at Wal-Mart. It's that way naturally, not because some bonehead soaked it in red dye so it looks scrumptious. I don't care if a whole grain looks weird, and not powdery and smooth as when it is processed. That is the way God gave it to us for our bodies. I don't care if my salt "looks" a little dirty and grayish in color instead of pure white like it was soaked in bleach (why else would it be truly white?). I don't care if my chicken looks stringy and fibrous like it is muscle tissue instead of all one color, consistent in texture and smooth with an air bubble here and there. When I eat it my way, I know it's chicken, and not whatever they pulverize and shape it into. Chicken don't have air bubbles in it fokes. "processed" chicken might however.. <grin>.

Point is, eat real food as God intended. Prepared with real spices, and not chemicals & salt. If ya have to use salt, use it as raw as you can get it like sea salt etc. even if it isn't pure white and consistent.

The Cheat days.. Yeah, I do it.. I am not formally educated in health and nutrition. I learned what I learned from a personal trainer that saved my life, and also by learning my self with my own research, and experimenting with my own food and body, and how they work together. When I do "cheat" I found that my body uses it's fuel (calories) as I eat them. If I gorge, I fill my body with calories. My body used what it needs, then stores what it doesn't need as fat reserves for later. If I eat again, it never really needs that fat reserve, because there is more food to use just a few hours later.. So, fat reserves just keeps getting larger and larger and never really used. So, I take my total caloric intake for a day, and spread those calories out all day. I basically eat all day. I eat from 200-500 calories, go on with my day, my body used all of them, then some (as my fat reserves get used), a couple hours later, I give it another 100 calories or so, which it uses.. I eat like this all day, so my body never has the chance to store anything to fat, it used all of it, and then some of the already fat reserved in-between. My cheat days, I will buy a meat lovers pizza for instance.. Yeah you bet, Im gonna eat the whole damn thing myself like any self respecting fat guy would do. But, I don't sit down and gorge on a whole pizza. That is crazy, because my body would use a little and the rest of that pizza will go straight to my ass. How I eat that whole pizza is I sit down eat a couple slices (about 600 calories). I get up and continue with my day as my body uses that 600 calorie splurge over a couple hours. I will walk by my pizza and grab another slice, and then my body will use that 300 or so calories. A couple hours later, grab another and so on and so on.. By evening, my whole pizza is gone. is that good? Not really, but this is my cheat day dammit... ;). But, I gave my body all the opportunity to use that entire pizza binge, in lue of cramming it in my thighs. I got to eat pizza all dang day, and my body used most of it. The next day, I eat lean chicken meal I prepare, and simply get back to my health eating... As you can see in my chart, sure, there was a quick spike as my body was wondering what the heck I was doing? But, after a day or two settled down and back into the health thing, and my drop in weight continued.. I got to cheat, and eat pizza all day one day, and it had very little effect on my over all goal. I never feel neglected, and have the feeling I have to do without. I don't. I still get the regular fat guy treats, but I do it smart, and out smarted my fat self and never skipped a beat in my health trek.

That said, I noticed over the past several months, that I find myself actually NOT feeling the need to do that as often. I used to do that about once a month. I do it now about every 2 to 3 months.. Who knows, in a year, I may not even think about doing that at all, and might be gone from my life completely. It might not, but either way, I'm gonna make it and be ok.. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Tudorp for all the good words! You are keeping me motivated.

I have not been that great this UUBL, but I think it is because, I am really close to where I want to be, so I dont have the desperation. But at the same time, my cruise is coming up and I have allowed the muscle to diminish and I am squishy again. But I have been stressed. I eat when I am stressed. I dont exercise when I am stressed. Kinda been in a mild sort of depression waiting for the inevitable end of my shop.

Anyway, it is done. Today it is scrubbed down. Tomorrow the keys are turned in. Tomorrow I go downtown and get a new business name "Mim's Ukes", without the Aloha Snow. And something new begins. And I hope that will lead to a healthier lifestyle. No need to eat on the go and no being constantly surrounded by ice cream and sugar all day.

You know what made me sad. Going out for ice cream was always a treat for me. But there were a lot of people for whom it was a daily occurance. And, heck, I needed their business, but sometimes I wanted to say, "Honey... you dont need a large. A small is plenty". I felt like I was contributing to some people's weight issues. They would come, talk to me about their problems, and eat away their stress and sorrow right in front of my eyes, and heck, sometimes I would join them.

So now, that is over. I am selling something that makes people happy and mentally healthy :)

Anyway, new leaf turned over and I hope to rally a bit of extra weight off these last few week. But not too much loss because I am hoping to replace it with some muscle so my clothes fit better by the cruise!

Oh, and I cut my hair. REALLY SHORT! And I always say "I need to lose wieght first because my hair short looks better than smaller I am!" Well, I did it, I cut it off, and bleached it blonde. It looks great... BUT... I think it would look better if I lost more weight... so... motivation! I hope. But I have said it before. But it does feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and a whole block of time every day has been opened up for me to spend time with my family and take care of myself.

Ok.. going to work on the spreadsheet :)

OK... as a group... For Week 19 we have lost just under 280 lbs:

This guy... he's a big'un!:
waterman4.jpg

This humoungous fish:

Report_062506.jpg

A Panda!
giantpanda.jpg

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!

cool.. congrats on the LP.. They do sound and play better with good nut and saddle replacements.. ;) I have made 4 sets for Epi Les Paul ukes besides my own as of now..

Top Bottom