Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

Dang! First thing .. I forget to send my photo .. I was down this week!

Next .. Christine, I just PMed you my cell number. I will make sure you meet some ukers while you are here!
    Susie A

Quote Originally Posted by Susie A View Post
    Dang! First thing .. I forget to send my photo .. I was down this week!

Next .. Christine, I just PMed you my cell number. I will make sure you meet some ukers while you are here!
    Soooo excited! I think I'm gonna come out on the SE Ukers Facebook page, too..... better warn them all.
    Christine in Woodstock, Georgia, USA (Atlanta area)

Quote Originally Posted by Tudorp View Post
    To be honest, a beer would probably be better and healthier than a diet soda anyway.. Just sayin..

If your gonna be at a function, just schedule a beer or two into your diet for that day, but cutting a few calories here and there in anticipation to having a beer or two. That's what I do for a beer every now and then..
    Honestly, I agree with you. A good solid beer does more for my health (and soul) than any chemical-laden diet 'soda' can ever do. I'm talkin' real beer, not that lite p**s water. Oops, my opinions are showing.

Mim must be swamped at the shop this week.. How did we do this week?
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"
    Ohana SK-21 a.k.a. "Ku'u poki'i <Kapookie>"
    Lanikai LU-21 a.k.a. "Cinderella"
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Uke "Lil' Lester"
    Harmony Banjo Uke a.k.a. "Bango"
    Gibson Les Paul a.k.a. "Hobo Ted"
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio a.k.a. "Barnabas"
    Epiphone Les Paul a.k.a. "Blaze"
    Gretsch Tenor Banjo a.k.a. "Jed"
    Supertone 406, 5 string Banjo a.k.a. "GrandPa Jones"
    Fernendes Telecaster "Suemeh"

Yes, closing the shop, had a few uke orderes. A bunch of unquiries while I try to catch up. I am almost tempted to put on my site (mim will be taking no more orders until Monday... she apologizes... she just needs a few days to get her shop scrubbed down and her house back together... then she will start being an awesome uke dealer again!). Plus I have had 8 strings to set up. They are a PITA. They dont HAVE to be... but... if you dont take a lot of time with them they are hurt to play. I am off the wagon yall. Too many convienience foods. Need a good de-tox from sweets. I will have the numbers this afternoon and I will not be so unpunctual again!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

OK... as a group... For Week 9 we have lost just under 265 lbs:

An Heavy Duty Industrial Washing Machine:

A football player:

Worlds largest carp caught on reel and line!

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...

Congrats to PUEO for winning the weekly prize for this week!

461 to 456. Down 5 more for this week.

I wanted to share how I tract my weight loss. I have these charts for the past year tracking my quest for health. I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself every day, unless you can look at the numbers on the scale simply as data, and not your weight, because as you can see, weight loss is not lenear. It is like a roller coaster. But, if you are successful, and stay with it, you will see that the roller coaster stays on a constant downward trend. This is what you want to see. This way, you will see platques, you will see gains, and losses. But, looking at the big picture, you will see that your weight long term goes down as long as you stay with it. Here you will see my roller coaster over the past 2 months, but from the top to the bottom you will also notice a loss for this past 2 months has been a total of 22 lbs. That is pretty dang good for a two month loss. You will also see in there a scheduled "Pizza" day. On that day, I choose, and scheduled a cheat day. I actually plan, and schedule these "cheat days" into my diet every month or two (depending on how I am doing). I ate Pizza Hut meat lovers pizza from noon through the evening spacing total calories of the pizza evenly throughout the day (200-300 at a time). It had very little effect on the overall goal, even with a small spike a couple days later. It is not a sin to do this and treat yourself every so often. The key is to do it smart, schedule it in, and excersise your exit strategy and get back at it the next day. Weight loss doesn't have to always seem as a punishment for being fat. You can still eat the things you want. It is simply controlling it, and not letting it control you.

Last edited by Tudorp; 10-30-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"
    Fernendes Telecaster "Suemeh"

Once again, Tudorp, you are amazing. You are going to have to change your graph so that you can see where you are NOW at! That is so fantastic. Could I hire you as my lifestyle coach?

lol.. Actually my friend. That is where I am at today.. Yeah, still ALOT of weight. But I had, and still have ALOT of weight to loose. If ya look at the graph on the bottom, it stops at Oct 30th (today). I am at 456 Lbs as of today. But, my trek started way before I started participating in the UUBL group. I started out a year ago in August at over 634 Lbs (178 Lbs ago). I will still be at this long after this UUBL session (at least another year). I know my issue is long term, I went into it knowing I wasn't going to wake up tomorrow thin. It's a journey, a long one in my case (a war with morbid obesity). My goal overall goal weight is 300 Lbs, another 156 lbs to go so after 14 months into this, I am a little bit over half way to my personal finish line. This is the marathon of my life (litterally). Even 300 lbs is alot to most, and is still a bit more than I should be. But remember I am a big guy, at 6'5" tall. My healthy weight when I was an athlete was 250 Lbs back in my 20s. So, at 50 now, I think I deserve to be a fat and happy 300 lbs, <grin>.
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"