Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

I have a feeling that this week for me is not going to go well for my weigh in. I fell to weakness the past couple days. It's not a terrible thing really, but I have munchie cravings and go through this every couple months or so, and have the past couple days. My weakness isn't sweets or things like that, it is pickles, and pickled anything really. Sometimes, I think since I cut salt almost completely out of my regular diet, my body craves it every so often, and I go nuts with pickled peppers, dill pickles, sour kraut stuff like that. The good thing, that sort of stuff is very low in calories, but, on the bad side, VERY high in sodium. Point being, over night it seemed I gained a couple lbs due to water retention from the sodium. So, I am up this week.. But, no worries, when I get off the sodium binge, it the water and weight associated with it goes away and things go back as they should.. But man, I want a pickle..
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"
    Ohana SK-21 a.k.a. "Ku'u poki'i <Kapookie>"
    Lanikai LU-21 a.k.a. "Cinderella"
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Uke "Lil' Lester"
    Harmony Banjo Uke a.k.a. "Bango"
    Gibson Les Paul a.k.a. "Hobo Ted"
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio a.k.a. "Barnabas"
    Epiphone Les Paul a.k.a. "Blaze"
    Gretsch Tenor Banjo a.k.a. "Jed"
    Supertone 406, 5 string Banjo a.k.a. "GrandPa Jones"
    Fernendes Telecaster "Suemeh"

I am quite thrilled to be down one whole pound this week. I'm traveling, in Atlanta for 10 days, and while I've done well at (most) breakfasts and lunches (have mostly been bringing my own), evenings are tougher. It has been kinda fun to take restaurant menu food and tweak it so it's healthier (leave off cheese, sauce, etc). BTW La Madeleine's Chicken La Madeleine is awesome! Chicken with mushroom sauce (tastes sinful), great steamed broccoli, and wild rice (overcooked for my tastes), for under 600 calories. I left the rice aside and feasted on a tiny piece of bread with real butter instead. Cheating decadence, but not so bad. I've managed to hit the hotel treadmill 5/6 mornings, too. Now, today, well, I am allowing myself a splurge at an Atlanta area Hawaiian restaurant. I'm going to jam with SusieA, one of our UUBLers, and her group, the SE Ukers! This is way cool! Who woulda thought UUBL would lead to traveling ukulele jams.

Thanks to all the UUBLers. It's super to be down 24 pounds. My ultimate goal is another 30 pounds, which will put me at 200, which is still a lot, but that is a comfortable place for me. Keep it up, everyone!
    Christine in Woodstock, Georgia, USA (Atlanta area)

If ya remember me mentioning before, I am a self proclaimed "chef" of sorts. I wing it mostly, and sometimes find it hard to do any of my dishes a second time. But, today I am inventing a pumpkin dish, which so far smells awesome as I am preparing it. I will let ya know how it turns out. But it isn't a traditional "desert" type of pumkin dish. It is more of a vegetable "squash" type of dish. I mean, seeing a pumpkin in really a vegetable in the squash family anyway. It only seems right.. . pumkin itself is only 10 calories per oz. So, it seems to me to be able to make a wonderful low calories platform to play with. That, and the fact that the daughter grew her own this year and we ended up with a bunch of pumkin this year. More to come..
    Last edited by Tudorp; 11-07-2011 at 05:57 AM.
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"
    Fernendes Telecaster "Suemeh"

OK... as a group... For Week 11 we have lost 295 lbs:

A Digital Baby Gran Piano:

These guys:

A heavy duty anti-theft safe.

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Congrats to PAULBSA for winning the weekly prize for this week!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    Congrats to PAULBSA for winning the weekly prize for this week!
    Yay! Thank you! That just capped off a great week. Breaking the 40 pound barrier with 42 total lost since the contest started, going under 300 for the first time, and finally winning a weekly prize all in the same week. Feeling great! Goal is now to break 50 total by contest end.
    Paul Curry
    Pono MT-8 Mahogany Tenor 8 string
    Pono A/E Mahogony Tenor Deluxe
    Ono Cherry Tenor
    Kalia Cedar/ Rosewood Soprano
    Teton Baritone
    1950's Harmony Soprano
    Epiphone Les Paul A/E Concert
    Homebuilt A/E Cigar Box Tenor "The Winolele"
    Eddy Finn EF-BU2F Banjo Uke

Conga Rats, Paul!
    Mike in Dallas, GA

Mainland Mahogany Tenor
    Eleuke Peanut Soprano
    Have you played a Ukulele today? Well, you should.
    e9e8b6

Congratulations, Paul!!! I'm working towards being in your 'club', the over 40-#'ers lost club. Excellent work!!!!
    Christine in Woodstock, Georgia, USA (Atlanta area)

Thanks. I've really been using Tudorp's posts as encouragement. I'm just about halfway to my long term goal. Hope to be down 100 by UWC next June.
    Paul Curry
    Pono MT-8 Mahogany Tenor 8 string
    Pono A/E Mahogony Tenor Deluxe
    Ono Cherry Tenor
    Kalia Cedar/ Rosewood Soprano
    Teton Baritone
    1950's Harmony Soprano
    Epiphone Les Paul A/E Concert
    Homebuilt A/E Cigar Box Tenor "The Winolele"
    Eddy Finn EF-BU2F Banjo Uke

I generally base my snacking to a protein based snack that will be anywhere between 80-150 calories. It is important to keep a steady flow of low calorie lean protein going in to keep your motabolism fueled and amped up. However, I also like to sneak things in that just satisfy the urge to be stuffing something in my face. When I get the munchies, of course I keep a fresh supply of raw carrots, brocoli, celery in the fridge. I love fresh vegies, and I also like em raw, so that of course helps. But, here is another that is a real treat for me, and feels more like a cheat, but it is anything but. I LOVE fresh tomato. The cool thing is tomato is very low calorie and has bunch of the good stuff that your body needs. Tomato is only about 5 calories per oz. You can eat ALOT of tomato for next to nothing for calorie count. 3 oz, makes a pretty meaty sandwhich. I use whole wheat "lite" bread at about 45 calorie per slice, and cheat a little bit by putting a thin layer of horse radish spread on one. About 3 oz of tomato slices, and sometimes peppers (just about all peppers, banana, bell, jalapeno are also 5 calorie per oz). So, 2 slices of the whole wheat lite bread, 3 oz tomato, 1/2 oz or so of pepper, little smear of horse radish, smidge of sea salt, and ground pepper, and I am set. I LOVE these sandwhiches, and the best thing, is it is only about 100 calorie, and makes ya feel like you are cheating..
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"