Singing lessons

everything about the lesson. HAHA nothign about how you go tthere and the weather.. AHAH! =)

But sometimes the journey is just as good as the destination.

Lesson was moved to Monday. :(

"Lesson was moved to Monday. "

Good. This'll give me time to think about how much detail we need.:)

I'm kind of a nosy -- I prefer to think of it as curious -- person. Almost never too many details.
Sorry you have to wait. That's no fun.

Careful folks what you ask for, you just may get it (i.e. like a naked beard picture:eek:

I've seen it!:eek: Seriously though, what Deach is doing is, in my book, very courageous. It's nice to hear about people going out of their comfort level to learn new stuff. Plus I'm curious (or is it nosy?)

The warm air and the smell of the pending season change made the 45 minute drive to the studio bearable. As usual I arrived 10 minutes early. Gone was the sweat and the nervous anticipation. I felt confident as I collected my thoughts before my leaving the comfort of my car. As I walked toward the door, I smiled as I passed the now familiar crumbling driveway. Approaching the door, the faint sounds of a student practicing her arpeggios made my heart race and my sweat return. I quickly contemplated returning to the safety of my car to retrieve my towel however the door opened and the instructor's smile made me forget that thought. She jokingly tossed a white towel at me and asked if I was ready for a great session. Her jovial manner calmed my nerves and placed me at ease again.

As we walked to the studio my nervousness began to grow again. She turned and we stood face to face within arms reach. She placed her hand on my chest. She told me in a slow deliberate voice to breathe but not from my chest but from lower and deeper. She then placed her hand on her chest and demonstrated improper breathing. She pointed out specific body parts that were moving that shouldn't be. Her hands were placed on her expanding chest as she heaved in air. She then gently she moved them to her neck and shoulders. Although she explained that the movement from them was incorrect, her words were lost as I stood in and watched her magnificent form. "Breathe from deep within side you. Your whole body is your instrument. Singing should come from witihin." She raised her finger and instructed me to do the same. She began "shhh-ing" her finger and told me to imitate her. I did so being weary to breathe from my diaphragm and keeping my chest, neck and shoulders relaxed. Next she stuck out her tongue like a dog on a hot summer's. "I want you to pretend you are a dog panting. Stick out your tongue and remember to breathe for within."

After the breathing exercises she sat in front in the piano. She'd play a chord, the individual notes in the chord, sing the chord and then I was to sing. Throughout this exercise she'd correct my posture, my breathing and my mouth formations.

You sure this was a singing lesson? I need a cigarette.

Just found this thread.....Deach, this is wonderful. I am so happy you are doing this and didn't let your fears turn you away. Keep us posted on your lessons, your commentary is very entertaining.....

Top Bottom