Any get-togethers, performances or lessons in NYC between the 16th&26th of August?

D-string

Reaction score
Any get-togethers, performances or lessons in NYC between the 16th&26th of August?

I will be in NYC between the 16th and 26th of August. Because the ukulele is more commonly used over there then where I am from, I would like to visit some shops (already found some using the search functions). I would also like to attend a get-together, see a ukulele performance of get some lessons if any of those is available during that timeframe.

Please provide me with some tips if you have some. I am staying in Manhattan, so I would prefer activities close to Manhattan. 
If you are offering (private) lessons or now someone who might give me a lesson or two during this period, please contact me with a private message.

PS. I am sorry if I didn’t post this in the correct section. So if that is the case, please move my message to the appropriate section.

I haven't had any experience with these guys, but they had a booth at the New York Uke Fest last May.
http://www.newyorkukuleleschool.com/home.html

We saw Pre-War Ponies at the NYUF... they are local to NYC. Maybe they will be performing somewhere.
–Lori

Thanks for the quick replies. i hole that i will be able to see/play some uke before i leave :)

Hi all!

I hope D-string was able to meet some folks.

Last night I went to the Ukulele Meetup in Brooklyn at Freddy's Backroom (jnobianchi let me know about it).

It was awesome!

Organizer Katie from Ukuladies brought Summertime. We also did a Roger Miller song (you don't want me in the summer time), a Mitch Miller song (whip out your ukulele), plus Pull Up Your Folding Chair.

I was happy to share some stuff from the James Hill Ukulele Initiative Training: Crazy G (instrumental), Have Fun/I Love the Mountains (partnered camp songs!) in addition to my revised version of the Aloha Oe chorus (which we sang w/ a focus on calming down Irene!).

Today taking uke to Central Park and buying lots of bottled water, just in case!

Top Bottom