Ohana Vita uke case

Have you tried a rectangular case? I've got several of them. They hold my cigar box ukes and a couple of other odd shaped designs.

John Colter

Sorry to bring back this old topic but I recently bought a Howlett Vita Uke soprano. I tried all my hardcases (probably around 5-7 different ones) and none of them fits the Vita.

Any suggestions? (Except the Ohana one which seems to be pretty hard to find in Europe).

Thanks!

Well, I keep my Magic Fluke Firefly Banjo Uke in a VitaUke case - it fits as it it were made for it.

However, the FireFly does not have a resonator.

If you can find someone with a hardshell case for a banjo uke with a resonator {Like a Gold Tone), you might want to try it. Or, as EDW suggested, a mandolin case.

Of course, I recall that Rick Tuner, luthier extraordinaire used to keep his hand built ukes in a Reunion Blues Leather Mandolin Case - Reunion Blues is the only "gig bag" I own. and I keep my Southern Cross banjo uke in that one.

My only other suggestion is to contact Peter Howlett, and ask what he suggests.

-Kurt​

If you like the Vita style enough to buy one (it is an acquired taste, and I do like it, but have not bought one--yet), then it goes to reason that you might want a case to fit it.

Considering that the Ohana is a fraction of what you would pay for a working Smeck Vita, an added $75 case isn't really a big deal.

Thanks a lot for your input, I'll definitely try some banjo(lele) and mandolin cases whenever I'll have the chance.

It's actually really hard to find a proper physical music store with a decent selection of cases or even musical instruments these days.

The case it came with by the way is a reaaally old concert case. Actually, it's more like a leather glove. No idea how it made it here safely all the way from Japan. :D

Perhaps if there are some online shops where you could look up case measurements and narrow down what would fit

Top Bottom