Mom and Dad's Waltz (Lefty Frizzell)

TCK

Reaction score
This has been a garbage week, and I have gotten to realize first hand that parents (or parent-in-laws) are not made of the super-human stuff we thought they were.
Made me want to play this tune really bad. I even put a surprise in it for Rox at about 2:00...
Anyway- I have always loved the song, whether it was being done by Lefty Frizzell, Iris Dement or Merle Haggard.
Not real sure I'm going to stop doing old country tunes any time soon- a good match for the Uke I figure.

Annotations are not workin' right now, so the Yo-Yo makes no sense...it was a title shot but alas.

Last edited:
Man, they just keep getting better, Dave! Diggin it! Especially nice to see the accordion finding its way into your videos..... The multitrack sounds great, as well, just all around good stuff.

I've always liked Willie's version of this.... did an entire lp 'To Lefty From Willie', all the best Frizzell tunes.....

Last edited:
Excellent, playing, (uke and accordion) singing and multi track editing. A very heart felt rendition. Thanks,
Don

Glad you all like it- I think the accordion love has been rekindled...now the ukes are bummed I am splitting my time. Thanks for the nice comments- I know the second uke track could be cleaner but I was just really trying to play a little squeezebox.

Oh Dave I LOVE IT! We need to see/hear more of those accordions with the ukuleles. Thank you so much for doing this video. And I love the song. I am still waiting to see the video with your wife on uke and you on the accordion. It makes my heart so happy to hear the accordion in there. I think I need to go give my accordion a squeeze.

P.S. Hope the in-laws are alright.

Beautiful stuff, my friend. When I think of my mum and dad I often get emotional too, and that was a very soulful interpretation of the song. Kept all the feeling, and added some more. Sweet as.

Haha- glad personally bombarding you two with my stuff was not a waste of time, and really glad you liked it- thanks for the nice comments!
Rox, yeah, go give that accordion a hug...someday I will get Mel up to speed on something to play along with. She has decided on ten tunes she is going to work on because she is having trouble memorizing as quickly- I personally planted 2 or 3 in her binder that go good with the box. As for the in-laws...well, we are on a long road now. Hopefully the music will be a great remedy for the next steps we have to take.
Jon- woah...that just bows my head. Thanks for taking the time mate, and I am glad you heard what I was after. Mum and Da...they are just sweet as.

Good Stuff TCK... love the old country tunes. I truly enjoyed your rendition of this Left classic... smooth and easy... NICE all the way around. Was working on a Lefty Frizzel tune myself this weekend... "Always Late."You probably already know about this site... but if not... check it out.. http://www.classic-country-song-lyrics.com/ Thanks for sharing... being a Twang Town (Nashville) boy I appreciate you keeping these PRICELESS country tunes alive.... soooooo much great material

Always Late is such a great tune- one of the first ones I learned when I started playing accordion.
Thanks much for the kind compliments

Top Bottom