Ohana CK-25S: Uke without a finish still ok??

SB Surf

Reaction score
I have found a concert Ohana CK-25S for $200 out-the-door. What I am worried about is that there is no finish on the uke (matte, satin, or gloss).
Will I regret buying a quality uke like this without a finish? Should I pony up more money and buy the CK-35 or CK-35G so that the wood has more protection, or are there ways for me to take care of the unfinished wood on the CK-25S, or do I even need to?

I am just worried about putting out $200 for something that might see damage later because I didn't step it up and get one that has a finish on the wood. It is slightly out of my price range, which is why I need to know if buying the CK-25 will bite me in the butt later. Many Thanks!

I guess I would wonder how it got out of Ohana without a finish. Ukulele World has them for $178 plus shipping and you know it will be set up right. From what I have heard the CK-25 is basically the same as the CK-35 but without the fancier woodwork (binding, soundhole). I was going to get one but couldn't wait when I found a CK-20S (solid top only) locally and am having a blast with it.

It's finished! See PM. Make sure you buy from seller who does proper setup such as Uke Republic....he's a big Ohana dealer. CK35 comparable to Mainland (more or less) Check out both at Uke Republic, Mainland concert on sale for $209
Ohana CK35G for $239. W/Mainland, get to pick tuners, etc. Can't beat them fo customer service, setup, etc.

http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/mainland-ukes-classic-mahogany-gloss-concert

Last edited:
Top Bottom