RISA Uke-Solid vs Eleuke Peanut ?

My peanut will come this week. I prefer "entry level" instruments and their price tags!

RISA Uke Solid vs Eleuke Peanut

Good evening Folks ,

How do they sound if played "as is" , without any amplication .

Thanks + Best Rgs

Like an electric guitar with no amplification. It is just loud enough to hear by yourself to practice.

A fellow SEUker loaned me his Peanut a week or so ago, and I loved it. Great sound, very well made, and a super little instrument for melody picking or just strumming along when you don't need to go up the neck past the 12th fret. The price point is so low, you would be hard pressed to make your own for that price. Unplugged, its quiet enough that I can play it when my wife is asleep a few rooms over, but I can still hear it just fine. The only problem is I have to remember not to break into song when she is asleep.

I was so impressed, I didn't buy the company, but I did buy an Eleuke tenor. I'm dying to try a low G on the tenor, since I love to pick melody in the lower registers and have never found a good low G that acoustic tenor bodies could really handle well. I still want a Peanut though just for the convenience and coolness factor.

Last edited:
A fellow SEUker loaned me his Peanut a week or so ago, and I loved it. Great sound, very well made, and a super little instrument for melody picking or just strumming along when you don't need to go up the neck past the 12th fret. The price point is so low, you would be hard pressed to make your own for that price. Unplugged, its quiet enough that I can play it when my wife is asleep a few rooms over, but I can still hear it just fine. The only problem is I have to remember not to break into song when she is asleep.

I was so impressed, I didn't buy the company, but I did buy an Eleuke tenor. I'm dying to try a low G on the tenor, since I love to pick melody in the lower registers and have never found a good low G that acoustic tenor bodies could really handle well. I still want a Peanut though just for the convenience and coolness factor.

I have a low G on my peanut and it sounds like a tenor when amplified (with the tone turned-down)

I have a low G on my peanut and it sounds like a tenor when amplified (with the tone turned-down)

I put a spare Fremont Blackline low G on my eleuke tenor today. Its not an exact match to the Worths that are on the top treble strings, but I am really loving it. Since the bodies don't interfere on these guys, I am sure yours sounds great too. When I change strings for real on the tenor, I will probably go for either the Worth CTs with a low G, or some of Middleton's new Living Water strings.

Last edited:
300 dollars for a Risa or 120 for an Eleuke. Just a slab of wood and strings. Yeah, makes sense when you put it that way. So, I'm gonna get that Dolphin for fifty bucks instead of that Kamaka at 1200. What was I thinking?!!! They're basically the same thing, right?
Sometimes, we're our own worst enemies.

Top Bottom